Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2005, 01:01 PM

Default Re: Some Math To Prove How Stupid Party Is

for that matter...if they wanted to they could tell me, "Congratulations Bob...you are on the first 20 players to reach 30k points. Unfortunately all of the spots on the cruise filled up and there's nothing we can do about it. we are offering you a $100 bonus on your next IGM-PAY deposit and will also be shipping 72-thousand Party Poker beanies to your home address which carries an even greater value then the cruise package!!"

Or they could say "We are electing not to give you the cruise package because we learned that you are only 5-feet-6 and we don't want any midgets on our boat because the liability of something happening to you if the boat has problems are too great. we heard that midgets don't make good swimmers and we think they look kinda freaky too so we kindly request that you just stay the hell home. You'll be happy to learn that Scott Fischman will also not be eligible to participate in the tourney."
Old 02-03-2005, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some Math which sort of refutes your premise that Party is "stupid":

Reported EBITDA for 2004: $350,000,000 USD.

Truepoker CEO

[/ QUOTE ]

Who cares how much they're making...

It's stupid for any business to throw away 20 x $12,500 or a quarter of a million dollars. When you have leaks in your business like that, then yes you are stupid no matter how much money is coming in. I really wonder about the business geniuses running Party sometimes... even a grade school kid can see that a leak like that is stupid.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well that proves someone is stupid.

Do you realize it's not Party? Your scheme costs them nothing because they are already on the hook to give someone the prizes. Quite the contrary they may keep some of those players you recruit. It's the poor schmucks playing four tables around the clock as we speak that are "stupid" if this scheme is successful and snatches the prizes away from them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Party, just like all these other sites never give away anything for free. Sure, they are on the hook for 20 cruise packages to give away for "free" so they come up with a plan... give them out for "free" for 50,000 points.

Just imagine how many people right now are playing 4 tables trying to get those 50,000 points. While they're only giving away 20 trips, I don't think it's an over guess to think that at least 1,000 people are trying to get those points as we speak.

Notice how they also said they are letting the winners know on the 7th. That means a whole week of these poor souls playing day and night trying to get the amount of points.

There's no real way to calculate how much rake it would take to get 50,000 points since there's so many factors, but with their plan of suckering in people of playing, I'd venture to guess they are making out decent in all of this.

I don't think it's too much to say that this was their plan from the get go. They get all this extra rake in play from people trying to reach those 50,000 points that ends up making their bottom line better on these 20 cruises.

I would also venture to believe that no one really considered that not only could you do it a lot easier without them collecting much rake, but in my example, Party actually ends up paying more than just the $12,500 cost of the cruise package with the TAF bonuses.

So what started out that appears to me as a way to give away these trips while making their bottom line on these trips better (and making people happy at the same time giving away free trips), ends up pissing off a bunch of people and rewards the people who bunked the system which I believe Party didn't consider a possibility.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:34 PM

Thanks for clearing that up .... I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to reviewing the effectiveness of their marketing, but that's just me, I guess.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:10 PM

Default You guys are too late

I earned one of the trips simply by depositing $50K about a week before the promotion started. I didn't know that Party was going to giveaway a PPM trip when I deposited, but my points for the deposit happened to get credited two days after the promotion started, so I kinda lucked into it.

It wouldn't surprise me if the other trips went to other $30/60 players who happened to make deposits shortly before the promotion started. I wouldn't waste my time four-tabling 24 hours a day because all the trips have probably been given out by now.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:14 PM

Default Re: You guys are too late

[ QUOTE ]
I earned one of the trips simply by depositing $50K about a week before the promotion started. I didn't know that Party was going to giveaway a PPM trip when I deposited, but my points for the deposit happened to get credited two days after the promotion started, so I kinda lucked into it.

It wouldn't surprise me if the other trips went to other $30/60 players who happened to make deposits shortly before the promotion started. I wouldn't waste my time four-tabling 24 hours a day because all the trips have probably been given out by now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to go ahead and call bs on this one.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:29 PM

I think that the reason for these 20 cruises is that Party is obligated for the entire ship and haven't had enough semi-finalists to fill it up. That is also the reason that there is a semi every night now.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:39 PM

Another reason is that a lot of the pro players are not buying in as they are going to the WSOP tourney at the RIO.

Frenchie
Old 02-03-2005, 07:43 PM

Default Re: You guys are too late

Definite BS. Unless you made 30 deposits of $1667 there is no way you recieve 30,000 points. Next time read the rules on how you earn points before making up a bs story, troll.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:08 PM

So they came up with a promotion that would get you (and everyone else trying to get the prize this way) to recruit 22 new people to set up real money accounts and deposit into them? And you think this makes them stupid?