Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Probability
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 08:42 AM

Default Maximum outs on the turn

This not very interesting hand came up yesterday but when the hand was over I found that I had 22 outs on the turn. As we're focusing on the outs here and not the play i'll just post a simplistic overview of the hand.

Hero dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villan has A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Raised multiwaypot I have position on villan who leads out on flop, I push, he calls.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Turn: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I have 22 cards that will win the pot for me making me even money: 8 hearts, 3 Queens, 3 Kings, 3 Jacks, 2 10's and 3 8's. Is this the most possible out's you can have when behind with 1 card to come?
Old 11-25-2005, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Maximum outs on the turn

You have 23 outs in your situation: there are 9 hearts left, not 8. But here's a situation where you have 25 outs (I don't know if this is the most possible, but it's probably close!):

Villian: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Board: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

you have 8 spades (the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] doesn't win), 3 fives, 3 tens, 2 fours (don't double count 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] like I did the first time I typed this!), 3 sevens, 3 eights, and 3 nines for the win