Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2005, 04:18 PM

Default KK hand

I've played with villain in this hand many times, and he is aggro, but controlled (PT has him as the money-bag, and I respect his play more than 98% of other 1/2 players I've played with).

I merely called his PF 3-bet because I wanted to trap him on the turn, but my line changed as soon as the flop came.

My biggest question in this hand is the river. In this situation, should I give a TAG player that I respect the opportunity to bluff here? The way I figure it, I'm prolly not getting called here by any worse hands, and I'm going to only get called or raised by a better hand, but he MAY bet a hand like QQ, JJ, AK, etc....

Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (6.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks.

Final Pot: 6.75 BB

THOUGHTS?
Old 06-24-2005, 04:21 PM

Default Re: KK hand

I think you played it fine though I would checkraise the flop. I agree with your plan and your adjustment but he's going to bet that flop for you almost every time so you may as well get your 2 sb somewhere in the hand. I like the river.

-DeathDonkey
Old 06-24-2005, 04:23 PM

Default Re: KK hand

if ur not gonna cap preflop, i think u need to c/r raise the flop and lead turn