Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 02:22 AM

Default Re: Clueless with blind offense with T3o

[ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing the only reason you called the turn raise is because you picked up a flush draw? If that's the case, then the fold on the river seems fine, since you missed your draw.

However, if you called the raise because you thought your 3's might be good, then you need to call the river.

But, given the villain's stats, and his actions, it really looks like your 3's are no good. Do you think he raises the turn with UI AK? AK with the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] maybe? Possible, but not all that likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he called the raise because he had pot odds for two pair/trips.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:35 AM

I think you put way too any bets in against this guy. His raise means something. I would c/c the flop in hopes of hitting the turn. I would c/c the turn in hope that I hit the river or he checks though. At that point the pot would be 4.5 BB. I would fold to a river bet getting 5.5-1.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
also, i dont like the flop checkraisee. checkcall. rest looks good.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you advocating after the check call if I never improve, but blanks fall? Check call all the way down? Fold if an ace hits?

To leader, you are advocating c/c, c/c, c/f if I don't improve? Doesn't he fire with his big aces often enough on the river for me to maybe call there?
Old 11-24-2005, 06:43 AM

Everyones nitting preflop, yeah, small sample, but you did what you did and its probably not bad.

Post flop, once you get 3-bet, you need to a decent hand to win. Check-call the flop, check-fold the turn if you dont improve.
Old 11-24-2005, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are you advocating after the check call if I never improve, but blanks fall? Check call all the way down? Fold if an ace hits?

[/ QUOTE ]

yah i like this line, but im open to suggestions. i really hate these situations because you end up feeling like a slot machine after the hand.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:07 PM

Isn't villain betting with UI high cards on the flop and turn pretty often here, especially if he has a high club? Plus he sometimes has a made hand but no clubs. All in all, I think we need to check/call the turn and see the river after check/calling the flop.

The river decision is close, but check/folding is probably best. This is one of those rare times, though, that I would advocate calling on the river if you think you are odds of being good are slightly less than the pot odds, because seeing villain's hand can give us useful information regarding future blind steals. (Of course, it also reveals to him that we were raising any two cards, so that limits the usefulness of the information, since we give away quite a bit here.)

BTW, I think that folding T3o preflop is best even if you think that it's probably a slightly +EV move (because of fold equity). This is because folding this trashy hand here may very well build your fold equity in future blind steal attempts. So this would be an example of giving up a small edge now because you believe you will get a bigger edge later. This assumes that you have reason to believe that your opponent is somewhat observant and will handle a fold-then-raise sequence of blind steals more tightly than a raise-then-raise sequence of blind steals.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't villain betting with UI high cards on the flop and turn pretty often here, especially if he has a high club? Plus he sometimes has a made hand but no clubs. All in all, I think we need to check/call the turn and see the river after check/calling the flop.

The river decision is close, but check/folding is probably best. This is one of those rare times, though, that I would advocate calling on the river if you think you are odds of being good are slightly less than the pot odds, because seeing villain's hand can give us useful information regarding future blind steals. (Of course, it also reveals to him that we were raising any two cards, so that limits the usefulness of the information, since we give away quite a bit here.)

BTW, I think that folding T3o preflop is best even if you think that it's probably a slightly +EV move (because of fold equity). This is because folding this trashy hand here may very well build your fold equity in future blind steal attempts. So this would be an example of giving up a small edge now because you believe you will get a bigger edge later. This assumes that you have reason to believe that your opponent is somewhat observant and will handle a fold-then-raise sequence of blind steals more tightly than a raise-then-raise sequence of blind steals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great analysis. I like the two idea you present about taking slight equity hits now to build up future equity.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:30 PM

yah i also like this analysis nice job