Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 03:43 PM

Default Prahlad Friedman vs. Phil Ivey and Phil Hellmuth

Let me just say, i'm fairly new to poker. Been playing for two months seriously.

I downloaded FTP just to watch the pros play and found that Phil Ivey crushed the games at 50/100 NL HE(obviously). Then there comes Spirit Rock (Prahlad Friedman) and he didn't seem to be playing that well. After watching him play weak against Ivey and others, he changed it up to super aggressive and starting crushing the games too.

I think he switched it up to beat Phil Ivey becuase Ivey is agg too. Well, it worked and he was able to crush Ivey. Even when Prahlad was down, it seem his game didn't change (which is freaken amazing) but i noticed Ivey's game changed when he was down (played a little weaker, didn't reraise with sets on turns...etc).

I flipped over to UB and he was crushing Joe Buttons (Phil Ivey) over there too at 50/100 NL HE. A few hours later, Phil Hellmuth comes along and Mahatma (Prahlad Friedman) crushes him too.

Funny thing is, Phil Hellmuth got sucked out on and they started bantering against one another. Phil had AKo and Prahlad had KJo, they went all in on the turn on a board that read X 10 A X and guess what a Q came on the turn. Making Prahlad's A high straight. Phil H was pissed and told Prahlad he'll be back with 40k later tomorrow. lol

Wow, I am quite impress with Prahlad Friedman (exclusing suckouts but i think he was bluffing alot).

The guys who watched them play, what do you think of Prahlad's play?

gtg,

YoungOne
Old 08-26-2005, 03:49 PM

Default Re: Prahlad Friedman vs. Phil Ivey and Phil Hellmuth

He's in the final table of the second WSOP circuit event on ESPN, so watch the reruns or download it. Pretty fun to watch.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:22 PM

From the (multiple) tables I saw, Ivey was cleaning his clock repeatedly. Maybe Prahlad came back and finished about even? We probably both suffer from small sample size. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Also saw them chat about sending money back. Maybe they had a flat bet for winner of so many freezeouts?
Old 08-26-2005, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From the (multiple) tables I saw, Ivey was cleaning his clock repeatedly. Maybe Prahlad came back and finished about even? We probably both suffer from small sample size. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Also saw them chat about sending money back. Maybe they had a flat bet for winner of so many freezeouts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I've been watching the past 3 days or so (3 seperate sessions). First day, Ivey was up 50k, then went down to even. Second day, Prahlad was up 50k, and then ivey came back and went up about 50k. Third day (yesterday), Prahlad went up like 50-60k and Ivey took off.

So it seems, Prahlad is up about 50K.

Like i said, Prahlad is a killer nl he player. His style doesn't change even when he is down or up.

Wow

John L. Vang
Old 08-26-2005, 05:56 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Well, I've been watching the past 3 days or so (3 seperate sessions). First day, Ivey was up 50k, then went down to even. Second day, Prahlad was up 50k, and then ivey came back and went up about 50k. Third day (yesterday), Prahlad went up like 50-60k and Ivey took off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ivey
+0
+50k

total: -50k?

Am I reading your post wrong?
Old 08-26-2005, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Ivey
+0
+50k

total: -50k?

Am I reading your post wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

First day = even
2nd day = ivey is up 50k or so
3rd day = prahlad is up 50 k
Old 08-26-2005, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First day, Ivey was up 50k, then went down to even.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ivey +0, Prahlad +0

[ QUOTE ]
Second day, Prahlad was up 50k, and then ivey came back and went up about 50k.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ivey +50k, Prahlad -50k

[ QUOTE ]
Third day (yesterday), Prahlad went up like 50-60k and Ivey took off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ivey -10k, Prahlad +10k

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is a completely seperate thought from the prior statement of Prahlad being up 50-60k on the day.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So it seems, Prahlad is up about 10K.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:08 PM

Okay, I admit it i'm bad at math.

Here it is again,

Day one = even
Day two = Ivey Up 50 k or so
Day three = Prahlad makes come back and goes up 50 k (Hitting near 100 k) 100k-50k = 50 k (rough estimates)

Hope that makes sense,

YoungOne
Old 08-26-2005, 09:23 PM

Actually u are wrong. Ivey is still up.

I decided to do an intresting thing right before they started playing each other, I leave Full Tilt open, have Starspy cappture the tables...any end of the day I import all the observed HH into PT...I was curious to see numbers on pros, both for limit and NL...anyway I also got the sessions from UB when they started playing...Ivey is still up 35k.

I havent really looked into it...but I just wanted to capture some hands and see how they were played. Seeing how Phil and say Jdags play certain hands shorthanded has helped my play actually. I dont really watch the sessions, I usually just check out a couple of their hands later on.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually u are wrong. Ivey is still up.

I decided to do an intresting thing right before they started playing each other, I leave Full Tilt open, have Starspy cappture the tables...any end of the day I import all the observed HH into PT...I was curious to see numbers on pros, both for limit and NL...anyway I also got the sessions from UB when they started playing...Ivey is still up 35k.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would think with him being able to see everyones hole cards on Full Tilt he would be up more. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]