Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Value bet this river?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

River: (10.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks

Villain is 30/15/1.1 over 30 hands.

Value bet this river?
Old 11-23-2005, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Value bet this river?

Here is the villains hand range IMO(I forgot you had JsJc so I edited my hand range). AsKs,AcKc,KsQs,or Qx or some other hand that doesnt make sense that you are either ahead or behind. Notice that if you bet the river only a better hand will usually call or possibly checkraise. You played the hand very well on every street, check the river and youve played it perfectly.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:08 PM

Our read isn't strong. I like raising this turn as the last money to put into the pot.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:19 PM

I think the turn donk will be a made hand more often than a semibluff. (I think just in general this will be the case, but also the fact that you hold the J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] cuts down on the number of available semibluffing hands.)

So is it KQ? AQ? AT? 99?

Beats me.

I suppose A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] specifically is a possibility too, as is a sort of delayed clubs semibluff. I don't think you'll end up seeing a flush that often, but it's something to at least consider.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Our read isn't strong. I like raising this turn as the last money to put into the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed
Old 11-23-2005, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the turn donk will be a made hand more often than a semibluff. (I think just in general this will be the case, but also the fact that you hold the J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] cuts down on the number of available semibluffing hands.)

So is it KQ? AQ? AT? 99?

Beats me.

I suppose A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] specifically is a possibility too, as is a sort of delayed clubs semibluff. I don't think you'll end up seeing a flush that often, but it's something to at least consider.

[/ QUOTE ]

At first I felt teh same as others here with checking behind. But then I thought about it for a minute, and my thoughts resembles Nick C's here.

I think this bet looks like some picked up semi-bluff or a stupid bet with AT or sometihng of that sort quite often. Wiht a hand like AK, AT and so forth, I think we'll see him call this river often enought to make this bet profitable. I like a river bet here.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:11 PM

I'd put villain on AT, or some sort of straight draw (KJ, AK, AJ). I'd value bet the river.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Value bet this river?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, easy value bet