Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2005, 10:45 PM

Default Small Blind Play against just the big blind

In general, when it has been folded around to you in the small blind against an aggressive big blind player, what is the proper strategy? How loose of a raise can I make given if I get called or re-raised, I'll be out of position and the big blind may not even have a real hand? If I just flat call what should I be playing if the big blind raises?
Old 05-11-2005, 10:56 PM

Default Re: Small Blind Play against just the big blind

I might be passing on some +EV situations, but against a tricky aggressive BB, I'm a lot tighter when it comes to first in from the SB. Basically, I want a hand that I'd feel comfortable showing down UI against him...whether that's an ace, a pocket pair, or possibly a K/good kicker. And of course I'll mix it up some with suited connectors.

Basically, while I realize that against some of these players I can win several bets with J high, I just don't think it's worth the guessing game postflop to duke it out with him. If it isn't a hand that I'd at least limp behind with on the button, then I'll generally just fold.