View Poll Results: My Best BB/100 for 1k Hands
10.1 or higher 53 81.54%
4.1 - 7.0 2 3.08%
7.1 - 10.0 9 13.85%
2.0 - 4.0 1 1.54%
0.1 - 1.9 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-20-2005, 03:54 AM

Default Re: Who should be sided with in this fantasy football situation?

[ QUOTE ]
no, he called him sunday morning, BEFORE THE GAMES HAD STARTED.

[/ QUOTE ]

Games started on Saturday.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:05 AM

None of his players had played yet. You are able to adjust your roster up until game time.

Your point, as usual, has no point.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:08 AM

Player A tards you are supposed to make last minute lineup changes and not be punished cause you dont have computer access at that time.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Depends on if there's money on the line, and if it's major. If it's serious, than B wins. If it's a fun league, A wins.

[/ QUOTE ]
Right and wrong don't depend on what is on the line. You should develop a spine sometime in the next several thousand years and choose a side. Calling the commish before gametime with a lineup change is a legitimate and binding act,
Old 12-20-2005, 04:36 AM

We need a clarification on whether lineups can be changed after some games have been played, as long as the changes don't involve players in already played games. For example, a league I play in requires full lineups in before the kickoff of the first game of the week, and you can't make changes (this really sucks on Thanksgiving, when you have to set a full lineup on Thursday even though you might not have a single player in Thanksgiving day games).

If lineup changes just have to be made before the two players have played, which is the standard in FF these days, then this isn't remotely [censored] close. Player A sent a communication to the commish that is verifiably before kickoff.

And as TNM said, it doesn't matter whether it's a fun league or a money league. Stakes do not affect the decision, nor does the emotional investment (fun vs. serious).

I can't believe anyone is siding with Player B here. The only legit reason for the changes to be ignored is the aforementioned "full lineups before first kickoff" situation. stillbr didn't specify anything about this rule, but it's reasonable to assume that they operate under the more standard lineup rules.

Again, Player A. Not close.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:08 AM

What Madtown said.

Unless there is some rule that says that the line-ups had to be in before Saturday's games the guy did everything he could. Although, I would have also called player B if I was A.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:26 AM

Look, if it's an online league, then it's a league that demands computer access. I am my league's commissioner, and if someone called me at 11:30AM on a Sunday to tell me their starting lineup changes, I'd:
1) Be pissed off because I do not wake up on Sunday UNTIL (or sometimes after) the games have started.
2) Tell them to go F themselves.

If you don't care enough to plan further ahead than a half hour, you're a douchebag idiot who shouldn't expect the commissioner to do your work for you...and that kind of dedication is deserving of a loss.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Look, if it's an online league, then it's a league that demands computer access. I am my league's commissioner, and if someone called me at 11:30AM on a Sunday to tell me their starting lineup changes, I'd:
1) Be pissed off because I do not wake up on Sunday UNTIL (or sometimes after) the games have started.

If you don't care enough to plan further ahead than a half hour, you're a douchebag idiot who shouldn't expect the commissioner to do your work for you...and that kind of dedication is deserving of a loss.

[/ QUOTE ]
This happens all of the time in fantasy football. You make changes on gameday. Sometimes it's injuries or weather or match-ups, but you make changes. If the guy got laid last night and the girl doesn't have a computer, or if his server is down, it's not his fault.

I had a situation this year where one of the guys in my league was at my house trying to change Greg Jones for Tatum Bell at the last minute when he heard that Fred Taylor was going to start. Even though it was 12:58 Yahoo had locked the line-up. He called the commissoner and the guy he was playing, used me as a witness and ended up in a tie instead of winning by a point.

Being commish is more than just running the draft and paying out money. You have to be the moderator for all decisions. And you have to run the league.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you are too lazy or busy to make changes when an owner calls you to make them then you have no business being commissioner.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow this is just totally opposite of what a good commissioner is supposed to do. His job is to run the league, and part of that is to make sure that the owner's needs are met, so long as they are reasonable. It's reasonable for an owner to ask his commissioner to make a lineup change for him. It's unreasonable for an owner to ask his commissioner to choose his players for the upcoming week.