Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 12:05 AM

Default KQ UTG - pot gets big in hurry

Ok - please don't get too hung up on preflop.

Have only been at the table for a few orbits, so reads were tentative but taking shape.

SB was 25/8/2
MP2 was 37/6/1.5
UTG+1 was 40/12/1.1

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (14 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

I was hoping to raise out the PF raiser and hopefully others with my flop raise. I starting thinking SB had two pair when I got three bet or maybe even pumping a flush draw.

Turn: (15 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

I liked the Q on the turn for me, since if my read on SB was right, I could have just taken the lead in the hand. I puked a little when he 3-bet, since it felt a lot more like a set.

River: (24 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, SB calls, Hero folds.

Nothing else to do with that river.

Final Pot: 26 BB
Old 12-09-2005, 12:29 AM

Default Re: KQ UTG - pot gets big in hurry

raise pf. the rest seem ok. what a horrible river card. i wouldnt overcall even if the pot is this huge.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:51 AM

The pots already pretty large on the flop. Lets say we wait for a good turn to make it incorrect for four outters to call when we raise. The pot will be 9.5-10.5 BBs on the turn when everyone just calls SB's bet. If someone raises it'll be 1 or 2 BBs larger. Lets say everyone just calls and SB leads out again. We present 6:1 - 7:1 depending on whether BB is still between us and SB or not. This makes it incorrect for 4 outters to call but 5 outters can probably profitable call here. Q9 and 97 won't be able to call correctly. Hands like JT and QJ also won't be able to call here without fear of domination or dirty outs. OESDs and Flushdraws we can't defend against.

Another thing about calling and waiting for the turn is that theres some good cards for our hands. Lets say the Ace of spade falls. We pick up the nut flush draw and a gutshot. A Ten gives us an OESD. A single spade also gives us the second nut flush draw. Obviously a K or Q is usually good news for our hand. If any of these cards fall we can raise more confidently.

I think theres a lot of advantages for waiting for the turn to raise here.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The pots already pretty large on the flop. Lets say we wait for a good turn to make it incorrect for four outters to call when we raise. The pot will be 9.5-10.5 BBs on the turn when everyone just calls SB's bet. If someone raises it'll be 1 or 2 BBs larger. Lets say everyone just calls and SB leads out again. We present 6:1 - 7:1 depending on whether BB is still between us and SB or not. This makes it incorrect for 4 outters to call but 5 outters can probably profitable call here. Q9 and 97 won't be able to call correctly. Hands like JT and QJ also won't be able to call here without fear of domination or dirty outs. OESDs and Flushdraws we can't defend against.

Another thing about calling and waiting for the turn is that theres some good cards for our hands. Lets say the Ace of spade falls. We pick up the nut flush draw and a gutshot. A Ten gives us an OESD. A single spade also gives us the second nut flush draw. Obviously a K or Q is usually good news for our hand. If any of these cards fall we can raise more confidently.

I think theres a lot of advantages for waiting for the turn to raise here.

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree with you. way to miss that silky. im on tilt from the responses to my posts in BBV.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:22 AM

You make an excellent point. I had a hard time figuring out WTF to do to be honest.