Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-29-2005, 02:01 AM

Default baby two pair hand

1/2 6-max game on full tilt. Villain is unknown and has $125 (I cover). I'm SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Preflop: Villain calls, 1 fold, Button calls, I call, BB checks.

Flop ($8): J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I bet $8, 1 fold, Villain raises to $16, 1 fold, I call.

Turn ($40): A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I check, Villain bets $4 (wtf), I check-raise all-in.

Thoughts?
Old 12-29-2005, 02:37 AM

Default Re: baby two pair hand

why bluff with 2 pair?
Old 12-29-2005, 06:21 AM

I dont like it....4 limpers, then that flop.

He miniraises flop, then makes gay bet on turn when checked to. Looks like hes either AWFUL, or just bad and trying to suck you in with flush/AcJs/ or such.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why bluff with 2 pair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you just going to call $4 there?
Old 12-29-2005, 07:14 AM

reraise flop, his turn bet is weak.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:34 AM

i don't like flat-calling the flop min-raise and then checking the turn. the turn bricks which is good but then you check and give a potential free card. i think leading the turn is better than checking, unless your read on villain is that he will bet that turn a high percentage of the time.

also consider re-raising the flop especially since villain's raise was just a min-raise.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:53 AM

Yeah - Villain is one of those donks who doesn't have very much conception of betting percentages of the pot. So, this could mean a couple of things: a. he missed his flush on the turn and is not scared; b. He hit his flush on the flop and is now playing his hand super goofy.

I would raise to 35-40, if he re-raises you all in, fold and save yourself the money. If he flat calls, chances are he does something monstruously idiotic whether he hits his river or not, like betting 20 into 100, and you can call quite satisfied to know that you only have to be right ~21% of the time to profit. It's kind of a win/win situation here.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:53 AM

now* scared. Sorry.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:16 PM

If I reraise the flop, I think there's a good chance he shoves with a flush draw, pair + flush draw. I don't see how we can get away from it then? The turn card is a bad card obviously. How about leading the turn for $30 and folding to further aggression?
Old 12-29-2005, 03:52 PM

I overbet these kinds of flops. I find it works better when I have a marginal/decent hand and I'm OOP. I get to know right away how much people like their hand, and it helps my later decisions a lot. This is one of those marginal quirky situations OOP that suck. If you re-raise the flop to say $40, then you have to call a push (which is quite probable here). Sooo... this is why I like over betting here OOP. That being said, and other may disagree, I think I just call the $4 and check/call a resonable river bet. If he hits his flush, then so be it. For all you know he could have already connected AND it's quite reasonable the Ace helped him as well. I would assume that people limp AJ in EP position 6-max sometimes(I don't play 6 max very often)? I think you're winning/loosing the most/least in these situations.