Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2005, 12:43 AM

Default I hope you didn\'t watch TILT tonight... how embarrassing...

They showed some clown that was suppose to represent a hardcore internet player that made his way to the WSOP.

I can only say that I will never tell anyone that I play online after that, how embarrassing... he made us all look like bizarre freaks...

I say we boycott this show

One Street at a Time
wdbaker Denver, Co
Old 03-04-2005, 12:47 AM

Default Re: I hope you didn\'t watch TILT tonight... how embarrassing...

One table per monitor is SO uncool.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:11 AM

It wasn't just one table per monitor, it was one table per COMPUTER!!!
Old 03-04-2005, 10:53 AM

Have you seen a TV show or movie that has realistically shown what is on a computer screen? Most of the time, the typing covers 1/4 of the screen. How do you expect them to clearly show multiple tables on one screen and not use a legitimate poker room's software.

Kevin...
Old 03-04-2005, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know everyone loves to slam this show for any reason, but the purpose of having 3 seperate monitors in this scene is so that the 98% of the audience that doesn't read 2+2 or play online can see that online you can play multiple games...

That scene with a 2001FP and 4 tables would have been visually boring and would have lost the audience.

Lighten up guys, it's a fun show.
Old 03-04-2005, 03:15 PM

You can't please the internet.

I like the show.
Old 03-04-2005, 03:38 PM

I believe last year's WSOP coverage showed Fischman playing 4 tables at UB on some kind of monitor that had 1600x1200.

I doubt it was that tough for the audience to figure out what was going on.

The show is ridiculous.

It's like doing a dramatic TV show on a baseball team where the short-stop throws left-handed and the star-pitcher is only good because he has "in's" with the umpires and throws nothing but spit-balls.

Non-baseball people might not know much about the mistakes or how unrealsitic it is....but that doesn't excuse the people writing it for making a really stupid show.

When the movie The Scout had Brendan Fraser striking-out 27 consecutive batters in his major-league debut (in the world-series no less) I complained about how incredibly stupid that movie was too (as did just about everyone else who saw it).

However...in defense of those who keep saying "it's a TV show, lighten-up" I have been trying to find any non-poker players for their thoughts on the show (and whether they think it's as bad as I think it is) but unfortunately I can't find any.

Friend of mine who watches a lot of sports (and ESPN obviously) and knows nothing about poker basically has the attitude of "why the f'ck is ESPN doing a TV show about poker?"

I'm curious if there's much talk at the B&M tables about the show and whether the typical LAG drunken-fish actually likes it.
Old 03-04-2005, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe last year's WSOP coverage showed Fischman playing 4 tables at UB on some kind of monitor that had 1600x1200.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doyle Brunson too. It would have been easy to do this better than with 3 mice and 3 monitors for 3 tables.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know everyone loves to slam this show for any reason, but the purpose of having 3 seperate monitors in this scene is so that the 98% of the audience that doesn't read 2+2 or play online can see that online you can play multiple games...

[/ QUOTE ]

This reminds me of a few years back when I went to see "Swordfish" (the one where Halle Barrie is sunbathing topless) with a buddy of mine. Every time someone was hacking and IP addresses were appearing on his monitor, my buddy would sigh heavily. After the movie, I asked him what was upsetting him during the movie. He replied curtly, "The IP's were impossible. The first octet was always 300, and you can't have an octet over 255."

He works in network security, and this really upset him.

The other 99.99999% of the world wouldn't have noticed this glaring error...but that part totally ruined the movie for him, I'm sure of it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-06-2005, 06:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This reminds me of a few years back when I went to see "Swordfish" (the one where Halle Barrie is sunbathing topless) with a buddy of mine. Every time someone was hacking and IP addresses were appearing on his monitor, my buddy would sigh heavily. After the movie, I asked him what was upsetting him during the movie. He replied curtly, "The IP's were impossible. The first octet was always 300, and you can't have an octet over 255."

He works in network security, and this really upset him.

The other 99.99999% of the world wouldn't have noticed this glaring error...but that part totally ruined the movie for him, I'm sure of it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he was smart enough to figure out that the IP addresses used in movies are bogus perhaps he is also smart enough to figure out *why* they are bogus. I guess he also thinks every phone number in Hollywood actually does start with 555-.