Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2004, 12:39 AM

Default Holy Crap! KK hand.

Ok, this was my first hand at the table after I reloaded due to depleting my account on paying bills and playing Omaha SNGs (which I suck at). I posted from EP just to spite all you nit grinders.

I saw one hand before I sat down and nothing nutty happened... then this table went apescat... I think I missed some bets but I was totally thrown off here.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $3. Hero posts a blind of $3.
UTG <font color="purple">(Calling Station 1)</font> calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="CC3333">Button <font color="purple">(Crazy LAG)</font> 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB <font color="purple">(Calling Station 2)</font> caps</font>, UTG <font color="purple">(Calling Station 1)</font> calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button <font color="purple">(Crazy LAG)</font> calls, SB calls.

Flop: (24 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Calling Station 2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Calling Station 1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Crazy LAG calls, SB calls, Calling Station 2 calls, Calling Station 1 calls.

Turn: (18 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Calling Station 2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Calling Station 1 bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, Crazy LAG calls, SB calls, Calling Station 2 calls.

River: (24 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Calling Station 2 checks, Calling Station 1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, Crazy LAG folds, SB folds, Calling Station 2 calls, Calling Station 1 calls.

Final Pot: 27 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 27 BB, between Calling Station 2, Calling Station 1 and Hero.</font>
Old 08-23-2004, 01:00 AM

Default Re: Holy Crap! KK hand.

Why not raise the turn?
Old 08-23-2004, 01:07 AM

I think the converter is broken becasue it forgot to mention when you raised the turn!
Old 08-23-2004, 02:31 AM

You should've raised the turn, as if you look at the board up to the turn, there was no flush, but a disconnected straight draw (double gutshot), which someone could have. The only other possibilities are a two pair or a set, but you are betting for value here because of the calling stations.
Old 08-23-2004, 03:58 AM

raise the turn please [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2004, 04:31 AM

I put the calling station on two pair, so I don't raise the turn.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:37 AM

Even calling stations bet with less than 2 pair sometimes.
Old 08-23-2004, 05:12 AM

Like everyone else said, raise the turn.

But I'll add that I would have just called the flop bet planning to raise the turn. The pot is getting very big. It's time to think about increasing your chances to win. That means knocking players out. That means making them face two cold on the turn.
Old 08-23-2004, 05:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Even calling stations bet with less than 2 pair sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling stations dont bet the flop, call the raise, and bet into the raiser on the turn. I don't raise the turn.
Old 08-23-2004, 05:20 AM

Calling stations dont bet the flop, call the raise, and bet into the raiser on the turn. I don't raise the turn.

Never? Not ever? Hero doesn't have to have the best hand very often to make raising the turn clearly correct.