Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 02:44 AM

Default What do I do (girlfriend\'s job)

So I am dating a japanese chick. We have been traveling a lot together but right now she is in Japan and I am in the US for a few months.

She just told me she is excited about a new job she got. She works in a "Kabukara". Basically she gets $20 an hour to bring drinks to business men (who pay ~$60 per hour to go there). She just wears a nice dress and it is in a public room. There are no private booths or anything like that.

She is also expected to sit next to these guys and talk to them. If a guy trys to touch her he will be thrown out.
Basically she is getting paid to have guys flirt with her.

She isin't telling her parents she works there because she thinks they would look down on her. Her friend works there and isin't telling her fiance because she is scared he would be mad. I have never been to one of these places but she says the one she works at is not dirty.

Her only other job (besides the 2 tabling the $25 party tables I taught her [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) pays $7 an hour. She is pretty low on money and it is really hard to live on $7 an hour.

We are both graduating college this semster and she is coming to america in a few months.

She told me if I tell to stop working there she will, but she needs money. Her working there bothers me a bit but I don't want her to be broke either.

OOT?
Old 11-21-2005, 02:52 AM

Default Re: What do I do (girlfriend\'s job)

Culturally (particularly from the Japanese perspective) what she's doing is acceptable. As you explained, she isn't going to be intimate with these men, just making conversation. If she is going to leave you for a Japanese businessman, she doesn't need a $20/hr job to do it. Forbidding her to take this job would be immature and silly.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:59 AM

The fact you are stressing over this leads me to believe you are young and inexperienced (this isnt a bad thing). These 2 qualities are also the worst 2 qualites to have for someone involved in a long distance relationship.

Heres what you need to do. Dont stress out about her well paying job where she flirts with rich japaneese business men, shes not giving happy endings at a massage parlour. Next, break up with her and meet some girls you share the same geographic location with, gain some experience, learn about yourself and what you like/want out of life and a significant other. Youll be much better off in the long run.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:01 AM

If I were a wealthy businessman I would offer her large sums of cash to enjoy her company at the end of the night.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I were a wealthy businessman I would offer her large sums of cash to enjoy her company at the end of the night.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure some of them will. I know nothing will come of it but it bothers me a bit that this happens. There are sometimes girls at these places that accept those offers, although her accepting isin't even factoring into my reasoning here.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:11 AM

Very confident, especially for a guy so far away.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:02 AM

I've seen this movie called "Stratosphere Girl", which the premise fits that exact job description you're talking about. In this movie tho they picked foreigners such as Europeans/Americans to cater and entertain the bored japanese businessmen. japanese men have interesting tastes that border on the perverted. Not to scare you even more.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:58 AM

There have been plenty of tales of American girls being told they will be models and such in Japan and getting forced to become whores in places like this.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know nothing will come of it but it bothers me a bit that this happens. There are sometimes girls at these places that accept those offers, although her accepting isin't even factoring into my reasoning here.

[/ QUOTE ]

How would feel if one of them wanted to pay her $2000 to stand in the corner in her underwear and have cream tarts thrown at her?

How do you think she'd respond?
Old 11-21-2005, 07:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know nothing will come of it but it bothers me a bit that this happens. There are sometimes girls at these places that accept those offers, although her accepting isin't even factoring into my reasoning here.

[/ QUOTE ]

How would feel if one of them wanted to pay her $2000 to stand in the corner in her underwear and have cream tarts thrown at her?

How do you think she'd respond?

[/ QUOTE ]

If my gf got offered 2k for that she'd better [censored] take it