Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-31-2005, 01:24 PM

Default (10) KQo UTG

Sorry no reads

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t150 (5 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

Hero (t1609)
CO (t1070)
Button (t1411)
SB (t2350)
BB (t1560)

Preflop: Hero is in UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero calls t150, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="red">Button raises t300</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>, Hero calls t150

Flop: (t825) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">Button bets t250</font>, <font color="red">Hero bets t1309 (All-in)</font>, <font color="red">Button bets t861 (All-in)</font>

Turn: (t3245) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)

River: (t3245) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
Old 12-31-2005, 01:31 PM

Default Re: (10) KQo UTG

Limping KQo UTG is awful.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:32 PM

Fold PF.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-31-2005, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

leak pluged thx guys. I will never do it again.

Considering the fact I did if my play on the flop just as bad?
Old 12-31-2005, 01:42 PM

In my opinon ....

1. Pushing
2. Folding
3. Standard raise and get it in on the flop
4. Limping
Old 12-31-2005, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In my opinon ....

1. Pushing
2. Folding
4. Limping

[/ QUOTE ]

Pushing is bad. Check SNGPT.

1. Folding
2. Standard raise and get it in on the flop
3. Pushing
4. Limping
Old 12-31-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry no reads

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t150 (5 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

Hero (t1609)
CO (t1070)
Button (t1411)
SB (t2350)
BB (t1560)

Preflop: Hero is in UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero calls t150, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="red">Button raises t300</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>, Hero calls t150

Flop: (t825) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">Button bets t250</font>, <font color="red">Hero bets t1309 (All-in)</font>, <font color="red">Button bets t861 (All-in)</font>

Turn: (t3245) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)

River: (t3245) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a lot of things to be learned from this hand for you if you are just starting out. If you've been playing STTs for a while...

1. You need to understand that you are in push/fold mode now. 5 left, level 5, push fold only unless you have AA or something.

2. You need to consider your position and holding when considering push fold. For example, putting varying ranges on the villains based on stack size if you were to push this UTG it is actually going to lose you money in the long run, i.e. -.8% EV. Keeping the same ranges but moving your position to the Button, it becomes +.6% EV, from the SB it is +1.1%, you get the idea.

3. On to the hand. You check raised the flop as in trapped, don't trap with KQo. Bet the flop and take it from there. It doesn't matter if you won this hand or not. Don't use FPS on the 11s.

Finally, you need to consider your stack and its relationship to the rest of the table. You have &gt;10bb so no reason to gambol it up here. Take your medicine and push the SB or Button in the next few hands.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In my opinon ....

1. Pushing
2. Folding
4. Limping

[/ QUOTE ]

Pushing is bad. Check SNGPT.

1. Folding
2. Standard raise and get it in on the flop
3. Pushing
4. Limping

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont base my moves on a program.

I think in a 10 + 1 SNG where the calling range can be extremley high, and even if you pick up the pot you are increasing your stack by around 15%.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In my opinon ....

1. Pushing
2. Folding
4. Limping

[/ QUOTE ]

Your opinion is dangerous.