Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 11-22-2005, 11:57 AM

Default The time i tried to outplay Huck Seed

When i moved to Vegas in the late 90's the first thing i thought about was who are the best players. I asked the dealers at the mirage and almost always the name Huck Seed would come up. He was at the top of the poker world. Coming off his main event win at the wsop in 96. He was dating the hottest chick around named Dee.(an asian chick who was very hot, don't know where she is now. supposedly she was a very good player herself) He had it all. He was quickly becoming a legend. Many compared him to Stue "the kid" ungar. Now fastforward to a few years ago when it was rumored Huck fell on hard times and was now broke. He was nowhere to be found for a couple months and now he walks up and sits down next to me. I must admit i was a little star struck. As i said he was "Da Man" when i came to town. It was like if Stuey Ungar sat down next to you. And to compare it to other sports. Its like if you are a big basketball fan and you are shooting hoops with your buddies at the schoolyard and Michael Jordan asks if he can get in the game.

Ok so now he sits down right next to me in the 9 seat. I'm in the 10 seat. Almost everyone at the table knows its him. So everyone is probably thinking. I can't wait to tell everyone i played with HUCK SEED tonight. And probably to tell there grandchildren one day.

So i'm expecting him to try and run over the table. But to my surprise he's playing pretty solid poker. I was like WHAT? This is Huck Seed he's supposed to be the big bluff man! So i said he will be bluffing alot later. Then a 30-60 pro sits behind him to sweat his buddy(huck). Huck starts asking him how am i playing? The guy say good. It becomes apparent that Huck is "getting back to basics" to get his game back on track. His buddy then leaves and he continues to play solid for the next hour apart from a few button steal raises with 23s and 27s. But c'mon its huck, he's gotta do that. But he is definately trying to play his "A" game it appears.

Ok we been playing for couple hours and now this hand comes up. No raise preflop. It comes KK2. I check in the bb 2 limpers check and Huck last to act checks. The turn is a 3 it gets check around again. The river is a blank like an 8. I have nothing 910 off. But dont think anyone has anything here and i have a very tight image at this table. So i lead into all 3. The 2 limpers fold and huck puts in a quick reraise. With my Stuey Ungar like ability to read and sense weakness i LELAISE! Now i'm thinking hmm should i show the bluff or just keep quiet about it after he folds? As there is no way he can call. As i'm thinking he says CALL! I was like how can that be? My stuey ungar senses said you had nothing and you thought i had nothing so you raised. I table my sotne bluff and act proud of it to make everyone think i'm crazy and he gives me a little look like "what you think your me?" and shows me pocket deuces for a flopped full house. I say "i thought you were bluffin" he turns and gives me this evil look(and dark voice) and says "they always think i'm bluffin". Nothing else what was said and i smiled. I left shortly thereafter.

I told my buddy about the hand and i was laughing. He said i never saw you so happy to give your money away. I said hey it was only a couple bucks but i get a good story out of it. And that was the time i tried to outplay Huck Seed.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:17 PM

Default Re: The time i tried to outplay Huck Seed

what limit was this?
Old 11-22-2005, 12:40 PM

Sorry i had originally wrote the limit but my post got erased had to start over. It was 15-30 at bellagio.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok so now he sits down right next to me in the 9 seat. I'm in the 10 seat.

No raise preflop. It comes KK2. I check in the bb 2 limpers check and Huck last to act checks.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2005, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And probably to tell there grandchildren one day.

[/ QUOTE ]

How sad [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2005, 02:41 PM

I must have been sb. sorry, it was 3 years ago.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:44 PM

Why is that sad? Is it because of the stereotypes put on poker players? So its ok to tell the grandchilrdren about meeting kobe bryant(with all his problems) but not a poker player? Kobe is the good role model but not a poker player?
Old 11-22-2005, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is that sad? Is it because of the stereotypes put on poker players? So its ok to tell the grandchilrdren about meeting kobe bryant(with all his problems) but not a poker player? Kobe is the good role model but not a poker player?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's sad because you feel the need to tell your grandkids about something so asinine and meaningless. It's pathetic how people hold poker players in such high regard. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think both situations are kinda pathetic. Kobe is a man like any other, just meeting him is a pretty pathetic story to hold onto forever to tell generation after generation. As is the same for playing one hand with Huck Seed, or bluffing Johnny Chan off his hand at the Taj.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think both situations are kinda pathetic. Kobe is a man like any other, just meeting him is a pretty pathetic story to hold onto forever to tell generation after generation. As is the same for playing one hand with Huck Seed, or bluffing Johnny Chan off his hand at the Taj.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. These are the same types of people who asks for autographs. Get some self-esteem and get a life.

Celebrity worship is the most pathetic of pasttimes.