Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 06:47 AM

Default Has anyone ever played against me?

I figured this would be a good time to ask since so many of you are just coming back from Vegas. I played at the Bellagio
Thursday and Friday and at the Wynn Saturday and Sunday. Always in the 15 game.

I am a white 27 yr old male, skinny, with a vert raspy voice. If you played with me Im sure you would remember b/c of my voice.

Well if you did I would appreciate an honest assessment of my table image/play. If you would describe yourself also.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:06 AM

Default Re: Has anyone ever played against me?

I was the bearded lady in the 4 seat. I thought you were weak tight, but I also thought you were a cutey. Next time, try not to stare so much at my luscious knockers.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I figured this would be a good time to ask since so many of you are just coming back from Vegas. I played at the Bellagio
Thursday and Friday and at the Wynn Saturday and Sunday. Always in the 15 game.

I am a white 27 yr old male, skinny, with a vert raspy voice. If you played with me Im sure you would remember b/c of my voice.

Well if you did I would appreciate an honest assessment of my table image/play. If you would describe yourself also.

[/ QUOTE ]
I remember your voice, but I think when I moved to the Wynn 15 game on Sunday morning to close out my day you had just got up and were calling it a day.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:40 PM

I played the 15 on Sunday from about 330 or so till 1030.

I was in the 10 seat. The first one to move from the must move. I was the one to flop 4 aces if you were still there for that one.

If I remember you were in the 6 or 7. If I am right you play too few hands and you don't talk much.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I remember you were in the 6 or 7. If I am right you play too few hands and you don't talk much.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm...I've never heard this criticism against another player in a live game with a small sample size of hands before. Does that mean that you think he's missing profitable opportunities to limp in late position? Or that he doesn't defend his blinds enough? Or that he doesn't raise enough hands preflop so his range is too limited when he does?

I'm not criticizing your observation here I'm just genuinely curious how you can come to that observation when you can't see what hands he's folding. I often hear the criticism about someone playing too many hands (especially live) and that is an easier obsevervation to make when you see someone limp with a weak hand in EP, cold call with a mediocre hand, or defend his blinds with trash.

I am almost always the tightest player when I play live (I folded K8o on my BB to a heads up raise from a TAG in late MP when I played 10-20 for the first time on the weekend as an example). And I frequently get comments about how tightly I play (probably 18%/9% but it seems so much tighter live when there are long bad stretches of cards). I guess some of the other players are characterizing me as playing badly since I don't play enough hands but I can't see how that fault can be that horrible unless my blinds are habitually getting run over in a really tight game and I'm not doing my share of stealing myself.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:40 PM

who knows maybe he was dealt 7-2 off for an hour and a half but that table was loose and passive and thereshould have been more opportunities to play than I saw him take.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:11 PM

If you were playing next to the final table of that tournament- you were apparently the only 2p2er in Las Vegas that doesn't know what I look like, 'cause a ton of us where around there buying chips for our home game right then.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:53 PM

I wouldn't really consider myself a 2+2er per se. I read the boards, post when I deem it neccersary, but doubt anyone has any kind of memory of a previous post while reading a response.

I didnt participate and probably wouldnt haver felt comfortable in the magoo fest weekend, but definitely know when you guys are in town. So thats why I wouldnt have recognized you.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played the 15 on Sunday from about 330 or so till 1030.

I was in the 10 seat. The first one to move from the must move. I was the one to flop 4 aces if you were still there for that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im really confused about this one. I was sitting in the 6 or 7 on Sunday early morning and played from about 330-1000 AM, but there was only one table, so the must move is confusing me. Are you the guy with the glasses?

The real reason I am confused is b/c I felt coming out of that session, I maybe played too many marginal hands in early to mid position trying to make too much happen b/c of the way the table was playing, and I would have booked a bigger win without doing so.