Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 01:04 PM

Default suggestions for HOH 3 (4??)

i vaguely recall dan harrington soliciting constructive advice as to what to include in another no-limit book (and it was awhile ago, so he may be close to being finished).

here are my thoughts:

1) more medium zone strategy (15-20X Big blind). seems like you are on the orange zone for huge periods of time in the later half of tournaments.

2) some analysis of differences between 2,3,4,5,6 person remaining. hand values change alot. 6 is triple 2 players, whereas 10 players is only 66% higher than 6 player. king yao seems to be the only person that differentiates clearly between 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 play and i'd argue there are huge differences.

3) more advice on SNG's and quicker tournaments that most us play. i don't know how many of us will realistically be playing a 3 day tournament.

4) more advice on the type of players we play against. loose/passive, calling stations, maniacs etc. i think most of the big authors (phil gordon too) are pretty used to big-$$$$$$ games with very few callers. they seem to think 2 callers is loose.

5) ties into point 4 and point 1. but seems in medium zone, there is such a tradeoff between cash game +EV vs. constrained chip stack. he talks about it, but it is so fundamental to your play.

i may not have my zone perfect, but i think we all know when we start to realize, "hey, i don't have massive chips vs. blinds anymore"

my big thing with harrington (and i loved his books) is that it seems to jump from early-mid stage to very late stage very quickly. and i think most of my comments have to do with that in-between zone (often near bubble too).

any other suggestions?? if harrington has written HOH 3 already, then maybe he can put some of this in HOH 4

all responses greatly appreciated!
Old 12-07-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: suggestions for HOH 3 (4??)

i think u meant to click on the forum right above this one when u posted this