Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2005, 03:41 PM

Default confused with QQ

3bettor is 28/4/.76 and capper is 21/5/2.67 both over only 50 hands

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, BB calls, Hero...

What do you think?
Old 12-22-2005, 03:55 PM

Default Re: confused with QQ

Given those stats I'm going to say it's unlikely that either of them has a 6 or pocket 3s. Unless you've actually seen one of them slow-play AA/KK or play suited middle-connectors against a PFR I think you have to call this and play hard on the turn against any non-club.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:57 PM

Ugh, I think you're WB and hopefully not drawing dead to a pair of sixes. The pot is quite big and while the pot odds may not be big enough to see one more card, the implied odds might be....assuming you're not up against quad sixes. It's probably a spew on my part but I think I call here and fold the turn UI.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given those stats I'm going to say it's unlikely that either of them has a 6 or pocket 3s. Unless you've actually seen one of them slow-play AA/KK or play suited middle-connectors against a PFR I think you have to call this and play hard on the turn against any non-club.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I'd expect to see some mid pairs and some crubbies...I'm coming out swinging
Old 12-22-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got a lot to learn. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-22-2005, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
some crubbies

[/ QUOTE ]

We called 'em puppy feet growing up.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:10 PM

Someone has a set of 6s, and also 3's, I hate to do it but you have to fold this. I had this exact hand last night. I kept on fighting amist all the raising just to be completely beaten.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've got a lot to learn. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. You're thinking is reasonable, just not aggressive. Folding the flop, IMO, is terrible...if my math is right, we're looking at 2 more bets into a 21 bet pot, so we're getting 10:1 immediately. I'll use flop-river odds as I'm expecting to show this down unless an overcard or a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] falls, so I've got enough, especially with implieds piled on.

As to folding the turn UI, I think that's a mistake unless one of the scare cards falls. In fact, now that I think about it if your plan is to fold the turn UI regardless, you should just fold the flop. CO, especially, is very aggro postflop, and could be playing this way with strong overcards + BDFD or something, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a mid-pair out of MP.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
some crubbies

[/ QUOTE ]

We called 'em puppy feet growing up.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, bring it back...I think I'll start calling them puppy paws [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-22-2005, 04:27 PM

I think you may be looking at either 2 other overpairs or an overpair and a nut flush draw. Neither player looks quite loose enough pre-flop to play A3s, A6s, 66, or 33 pre flop against a raise.