Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-12-2005, 12:45 AM

Default yay

so I forgot about my $500 that didn't clear and I'm up $500 since declaring how much i hate poker...here are a few hands for analysis. thanks for being supportive during my few days of horrible depression, it really helped me feel better and get back in my game

PS converter is weird today

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Button ($177.75)
SB ($78)
BB ($108.95)
UTG ($996.30)
UTG+1 ($212.30)
MP1 ($181)
MP2 ($171.30)
MP3 ($314.35)
Hero ($195)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $12</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $5.

Flop: ($27) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($27) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $15</font>, Hero calls $15.

River: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
hero checks villian bets pot, hero pushes

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

BB ($226.18)
UTG ($132.50)
UTG+1 ($261.95)
MP1 ($301.58)
MP2 ($180)
Hero ($223.50)
Button ($112)
SB ($548.80)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls $2, MP2 calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $11</font>, Button calls $11, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls $9, MP2 folds.

Flop: ($38) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $35</font>, Button folds, MP1 calls $35.

Turn: ($108) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
mp1 checks hero pushes

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP2 ($233.93)
MP3 ($129.50)
CO ($251.95)
Button ($242.58)
SB ($132.68)
BB ($176)
Hero ($282.50)
UTG+1 ($109.25)
UTG+2 ($198.25)
MP1 ($541.80)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, UTG+1 calls $7, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls $7, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: ($24) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $20</font>, UTG+1 calls $20, MP3 folds.

Turn: ($64) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

hero pushes

Final Pot: $108
Old 12-12-2005, 05:35 AM

Default Re: yay

Hand 1 is close to being a smaller value check-raise on the river but I'd probably push too. Your primary hope here is that he slowplayed a set of jacks or kings, or backed into the nut straight. Players will often call out of frustration here when they realize that their trap has served only to trap themselves. A benefit of a smaller c/r is you can even get away from your hand if he comes back over the top.

Hand 2 I'm trying to figure out what you are accomplishing with your turn play. Do you know? This can only make sense if you can fold some hands you are losing to. All the times you get called when you are drawing dead or thin don't make up for the times that you fold out QJ no spade.

Hand 3 I don't know what this push accomplishes either. I guess you might get a call every once in a while from something like TT with a club but that's the best possible case scenario. All the other times you get called you are smoked.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:47 AM

Hand 1: I probably lead the river. As played I raise pot.
Hand 2: Not sure, but I might check behind and reconsider on river.
Hand 3: I bet $50 on the turn, fold to a reraise.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont like your analysis.

Hand 1: Lead river is standard, but c/r has some merit. Not bad. I like it even
Hand 2: I think hero is ahead here, and should bet to protect his hand. Are you worried villain will put you to decision on river if you dont get it in. It looks like you are just scared of making a river decision and want to take away the rest of your options. Wouldnt betting 3/4 and playing poker from there be better?

Hand 3: Ugh, what a crappy spot. Villain is so short I cant see us getting away from this hand but I cant see what you are ahead of besides 1010 or JJ. If you bet I dont like a push because all the better hands call and the worse hands fold but Im stuck on what to do.

I notice both hand 2 and hand 3 involve you being stuck with around a PSB (or less) on river if you PSB turn, and it appears you are trying to take away this situation with overbet pushes.

Is this good poker?
Old 12-12-2005, 02:05 PM

Default RESULTS+reasoning

1st hand...I figured the only thing he could have was AQs that would beat me. He seems to have a strong hand and was trapping. I figured AQs probably wouldnt pf minraise me.
I CRed into the nuts and he turns over AQs. I was debating just calling river but I feel I played good here. Anyone just call?

2nd hand. Maybe was too much of an overbet. I just had this feeling he was drawing. I figured if he had a decent pair/set he would lead this. If he called my $11 after limping AK-Axs and slowplayed it then fine. Now that I think about it more you are right though here SD. I was probably up against either AQ with a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or a lower pocket pair with a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Ah well. thanks for advice

Hand 3 Villian was tight. I figured he wouldn't call my raise without having a pocket pair or AK. I didn't want him sucking out with a club on his pp and if I checked. He called and showed QQ [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I took it down on a non club river.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:21 PM

hand 1 you need to lead the pot. i actually think c/r isnt very good at all. he wont call your c/r with most of his range, so c/r doesnt have much value. plus if he has nothing he wont fire a second barrel on the river, and he will sometimes check behind with a hand he would call you with. and if he has a straight he will raise you a large % of the time anyway.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont like your analysis.

Hand 1: Lead river is standard, but c/r has some merit. Not bad. I like it even
Hand 2: I think hero is ahead here, and should bet to protect his hand. Are you worried villain will put you to decision on river if you dont get it in. It looks like you are just scared of making a river decision and want to take away the rest of your options. Wouldnt betting 3/4 and playing poker from there be better?

Hand 3: Ugh, what a crappy spot. Villain is so short I cant see us getting away from this hand but I cant see what you are ahead of besides 1010 or JJ. If you bet I dont like a push because all the better hands call and the worse hands fold but Im stuck on what to do.

I notice both hand 2 and hand 3 involve you being stuck with around a PSB (or less) on river if you PSB turn, and it appears you are trying to take away this situation with overbet pushes.

Is this good poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

hand 2 is questionable.

In hand 3 when I am up against a short stacked villian who I think is drawing I usually push. The reason is that if I bet the standard ammount and he calls then I check and he pushes river for ~$30 into ~$160 pot I really can't fold.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:39 PM

oh yea, hand 2 sucks. you need to check/fold, as people wont bluff with a naked spade enough here to warrent choosing another line. even if they have a big draw, you will see a flop raise a decent % of the time.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:43 PM

Default Re: RESULTS+reasoning

oops..I didn't put results for hand 2 in this...villian folded.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh yea, hand 2 sucks. you need to check/fold, as people wont bluff with a naked spade enough here to warrent choosing another line. even if they have a big draw, you will see a flop raise a decent % of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

check turn then fold river regardless of what comes?