Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2004, 06:37 PM

Default Need a Poker Coach?

I posted this in the NL forum and didn't get much response.

Hello everyone. I'm a new poster to 2+2, and a relatively new player on PP. I've had a couple of mentors who've helped my game tremendously, but I'm looking for someone who can give me lessons/assess my play online. I look at this as a chance for someone to help out a young up-and-comer, and also to perhaps plug some holes in their own game that they may not have realized. I don't have much to offer at the moment, but hopefully I'll be able to pay this person for their services eventually.

A little insight as to my play, I deposited $50 on PP and lost it, then I deposited $60 and lost it, then I started getting help on my game, and I deposited $67 and to date I have run that up to $345, but it fluctuates. I have a varying style, which isn't really changing gears, it's just at one point in time I'll want to be extremely aggressive, and on the next table I'll be very tight-passive. I'm hoping to put a clamp on this though. My best game is NL, but I've been dabbling in limit and like it, except for the suckouts at the lower limits. I don't have PokerTracker, unfortunately, but I'm in the process of getting it. I think I need help in knowing when to quit and finding out which style is best for me and sticking to that the most. I'm also hoping to plug some holes in my game, although I've gotten alot better at not chasing flushes, not limping in from the SB with a crap hand, that sort of stuff.

Please don't flame this post, I'm, what I believe, a very intelligent player, I just need help getting over another hump.If you're interested, please e-mail me at picktownrugby2@yahoo.com or send me a PM or an IM on AIM at Buy Scoobysnacks (2 words).
Old 06-20-2004, 06:42 PM

Default Re: Need a Poker Coach?

Bob Ciaffone charges $100 for four hours of instruction and throws in a copy of one of his books for free.

You can e-mail him at thecoach@chartermi.net.

-Michael
Old 06-20-2004, 07:12 PM

i heard something about $50 from gabbbbby
Old 06-20-2004, 07:14 PM

I am thinking of shelling out the $100. Any what four hours will get you? I guess I mean will it be a review of 20-40 hands or something?
Old 06-20-2004, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bob Ciaffone charges $100 for four hours of instruction and throws in a copy of one of his books for free.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is his old rate. The new rate is $100 for 2 hrs plus a book which is still a total [censored] steal to work with someone of his caliber.

J
Old 06-20-2004, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is his old rate. The new rate is $100 for 2 hrs plus a book which is still a total [censored] steal to work with someone of his caliber.

J

[/ QUOTE ]

Not surprised, $100 for 4 hours sounded crazily cheap. I'd still take it for 2 hours if I could.
Old 06-20-2004, 10:10 PM

I'm very interested...just emailed him. We'll see what happens...