Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-24-2005, 10:03 PM

Default A good hand to bust myself with

2/4 NLSat down a few orbits ago. It's five-handed and a pretty bad table. Everyone seems to be sorta TAGgish, maybe not good but not obviously clueless. Villain seems fairly aggressive, not sure yet about his tightness. If I have an image at this point it's probably my usual 28/15 semiLAg one. Stack sizes are $400.

Dealt A5s in the BB, SB limps, I raise it to 14, he calls.

Pot: 28

Flop: AA[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

He checks, I bet 24, he instaraises to 60. I call quickly.

Turn is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Pot is 145ish.

He bets 125, I call.

River is a 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Pot is 300ish. He moves in for 205. I fold.

Butchered? Boring?

I suck at posting hands, so I apologize in advance if I just wasted your time.
Old 12-24-2005, 10:30 PM

Default Re: A good hand to bust myself with

It looks like a flush draw or some sort of pp not thinking you have an ace. I think I would reraise flop, but its not necessarily the best thing to do. I do think if you are going to call the turn you gotta push or raise or something.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:21 PM

I check flop. I don't like building big pots in this spot.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:25 PM

I think it was played well

edit: a case could be made for folding or pushing turn, too. You definately have options. I probably would've raised pf a little less and bet a little less on flop (personally) but I think bet sizing was pretty good. But this seems standardish.
Old 12-25-2005, 12:25 AM

if villain is aggro, i would be more inclined to call the all-in given the 4th diamond than on a blank. before it was more credibly he hasa flush and it could beany flush. this push here has to bethe Kd maaaaybe the Qd or else a bluff and you arebeating most bluffs... so if i were going to call down, which is what it seems like on the turn, there can possibly be more of a case for it given the river
Old 12-25-2005, 07:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if villain is aggro, i would be more inclined to call the all-in given the 4th diamond than on a blank. before it was more credibly he hasa flush and it could beany flush. this push here has to bethe Kd maaaaybe the Qd or else a bluff and you arebeating most bluffs... so if i were going to call down, which is what it seems like on the turn, there can possibly be more of a case for it given the river

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing. This river is so scary he'd probably follow through with all his bluffs, which he would normally give up, and he might check a couple of the hands that beat me too, like higher trips. So I agree that this river is mroe callable than a blank.

For me his most likely hand is an underfull though. I think I should've folded the turn.
Old 12-25-2005, 02:02 PM

yeah sorry when i said "what it seems like on the turn" i meant what it seems like you chose to do. if i'm calling this turn i'm likely calling the river the way it played out, but i'm likely folding the turn.