Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2005, 06:02 PM

Default Where did I screw up??????

I have about $700
Button $300

I have 33 in big blind several callers to button who raise it to $20. I call, EP calls, EP folds, MP calls, MP folds.

Flop is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, EP checks, MP checks, Button bets $50

Button has been playing conservatively since losing his intial buy-in. I think button has unpaired high cards so I raise to $110. Button thinks about it and calls.

Turn card is a 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet $110 and button raise’s allin. I now know for sure that I am behind and I cant get away from then hand now and have to call $60 with 2 outs.

River is a 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Button turns over A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and I lose.

If I had a chance to do it over again I would have check raised to $150-$200 and if called, I would then be finished with the hand and try to check it down.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Where did I screw up??????

By not folding to his bet.

This is clearly a time to follow the
"No set, No bet" rule. Oh and your read on the guy isn't very good if he's raising with A7o.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:09 PM

you screwed up by playing for $300 dollars with 33 on a 2-7-8 flop to a guy you say has admittedly been playing conservative, also you had 2 people to act behind you that limp called, often done with low pairs and there is a 2, 7, and 8 out there, so why raise a pot with such weak holdings and you only putting $20 in? once he calls the flop raise, what hand do you put him on? why bet again? at least give up there and it would only be right for you to call $60 with 2 outs in a $1200 pot.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you screwed up by playing for $300 dollars with 33 on a 2-7-8 flop to a guy you say has admittedly been playing conservative, also you had 2 people to act behind you that limp called, often done with low pairs and there is a 2, 7, and 8 out there, so why raise a pot with such weak holdings and you only putting $20 in? once he calls the flop raise, what hand do you put him on? why bet again? at least give up there and it would only be right for you to call $60 with 2 outs in a $1200 pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said.