Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 08-23-2005, 05:34 PM

Default Re: TP with a Draw

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Daniel. Still not getting odds, and you still have players to act behind. Since there are 2 diamonds on the board so anyone is a jackass to not lead out with trips (IMHO)

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been my experience that short stacks will try and slowplay bigger hands like sets in this spot even with a draw heavy board. So, I'm not willing to give the shortstack that much credit...yet.

[ QUOTE ]
...so to your point, utg 1 that checked the flop is a moron

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG checked after the big blind checked. UTG+1 made a weak continuation bet of $4.

[ QUOTE ]
unless he was sure someone would raise this pot with the intention to raising. in short scottie, u don't have much, and your draw could be dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll try get thru this drivel much of which qualifies as incoherent. Here's what I have. I have two checks, a weak bet, and a raise from shortie and I'm now getting 2 to 1. The first two checks might just mean weakness and the $4 continuation bet might also mean weakness. So, I actually might be ahead in the hand. UTG+2's raise could mean a wide variety of hands. So, I might have the best hand. Maybe I'll fold, maybe I'll call, maybe I'll raise. Those are my options right?

[ QUOTE ]
these low stakes games are a joke and so easy to beat. don't get caught in a bad spot when you can crush these people playing good solid poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree these low limit games aren't difficult, but I'm calling in position with a suited one gapper all day long. As far being in a bad spot, I'm in position with an interesting hand and that's all. If I don't to play, I lay it down and it cost me $2 to see a flop. A really good player once told me, 'When you're out of position look for reasons to fold. When you're in position look for reasons to play.'

And I for one would like to thank you for deigning to take the time to help those of us in the 'kiddie pool'. I for one am honored to have your unrivaled experise and insight contributing to my thread.

It's left me all tingly.

Do you do any coaching?
Old 08-23-2005, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I play I need to push and I don't want to play for my stack here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You absolutely cannot push here with this many enemy. My first gut reaction was to raise enough to put shortie all in and fold to heavy action back to me. Again, shorty's coming along but against his range of hands I don't feel terrible. The only problem is that I've put 30% of my stack at risk. Seems like quite a leap.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:42 PM

I would like overcalls here with the A of clubs but in this situation id minraise and expect only UTG+2 to come along since its only 15 more to him. You have a hand already with a good redraw, id expect to win this HU.

I only play 6max so this may not be the best advice for full.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You absolutely cannot push here with this many enemy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, that's why i said I wouldn't do it. This spot sucks. None of your choices are very appealing. I vote for fold, but in the heat of battle I'm not sure what I would do.

What did you do and what happened?
Old 08-23-2005, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You absolutely cannot push here with this many enemy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, that's why i said I wouldn't do it. This spot sucks. None of your choices are very appealing. I vote for fold, but in the heat of battle I'm not sure what I would do.

What did you do and what happened?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I know you were basically advocating a fold. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I wasn't calling you out at all. Thanks for posting.

And I'm just waiting to see if Brunson has anymore pearls of wisdom.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:01 PM

Hey Brunson here.

Fold preflop donkey. NH. My guess is that you called the $15 without odds and hit the flush, only to get crushed by a higher flush. Nice call, gg. HOH vol 1&2 would be a good starting point for you. GL!
Old 08-23-2005, 06:22 PM

You had me at 'fold preflop'. Please don't change. You are truly a marvel. All the name calling and talking down your nose is righteous. Take off your shirt immediately and 'pose down' in the nearest mirror. You've earned it!

Seriously, anyone reading this thread fold this hand for $2 preflop?
Old 08-23-2005, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Seriously, anyone reading this thread fold this hand for $2 preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

No
Old 08-23-2005, 06:43 PM

yes.

i do fold here.

however, since we're focusing on your postflop play, thats a fold too.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:44 PM

btw, what seat are you in?? if in button/co then the preflop call is decent/acceptable. If you're in mp, then no. PLus its hard to figure out w/o stack sizes.