Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-30-2005, 06:43 PM

Default play these two black sevens

live tourney down to 4 handed and we are all in the money now.

hero 35,000
tightest player on east coast (TPEC) 65,000 chip leader
Loose player (LP) 35,000

blinds 1000-2000

TEPC raises to 5000, button folds, LP (SB) calls, and hero calls out of the BB for 3,000 more with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

FLOP A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

LP checks, hero checks, TPEC makes it 3500 and LP quickly calls

TPEC defintly has an ace, he is super tight and made a big mistake here making a really weak 3500 bet into a 15000 pot

LP could have a variety of hands as he only has to call 3500 into a now 18500 pot...i think he may have a flush draw
or second pair or a weak ace

if hero calls here he has a really scary decision if the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] falls as one of these player may be on the flush draw....even if they are not on the draw i am drawing dead to 2 cards as they both will probably have a bigger pair.

i have a tight table image...

i also have a feeling that one of these two may push on the turn if a non heart falls...just a feeling

raise, call, or fold and reasons please...
Old 12-30-2005, 06:52 PM

Default Re: play these two black sevens

Well you certainly cannot call to 1-2 outs given your flush read. If you think that TPEC will fold his good ace (would he fold AK/AQ?) - and given that LP is pretty loose but will fold - this may be a good spot for a good sized raise (maybe a push?)...

Having said that I would fold this 90% of the time unless my instincts really smelled weakness.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:02 PM

It's not really the original raiser you need to be worrying about. The check/caller is what should be enough to push you out of the hand. Easy fold despite the outcome.

Jeanie
xo*Kisses*xo @ Stars
Old 12-30-2005, 07:28 PM

Folding>...raising>.....................call ing.

...= Level of how much worse a decision it would be than the previous choice.

You should really just give up here. If it were heads up you could make a case for trying to push tighty off of his ace, but with the loose player in the hand you'd have to be lucky to push him off of his ace or draw.

Calling is absolutely atrocious.
Old 12-30-2005, 08:25 PM

you gotta let it go. if you felt really strongly you could fold them out, you could consider reraising all-in, but that would take a strong read and some guts... plus you'd really rather do it with a hand that has outs.
Hey, anyone consider a jam preflop, since it's 77 fourhanded and the pot is a decent size?