Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Re: 89o

[ QUOTE ]
The flop 3-bet is to clean up some outs correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

The three bet is much more for value, than any outs were going to clean up with a check raise, after the players behind have already put money in.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2005, 04:53 PM

Definitely. I think this one is close 'cause can't count 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] as full outs. But, still +ev with 3 others in.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have a new db going on here, and just started at this table, so I don't know much of anyone here. Except I've seen the co show a lot of aggression in a few hands.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not terrible by any means, but I'm less inclined to do this on a flush board. I'd rather check-call. If it was rainbow, I'd do it all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm underestimating the impact of the 2 suits out there.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have a new db going on here, and just started at this table, so I don't know much of anyone here. Except I've seen the co show a lot of aggression in a few hands.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not terrible by any means, but I'm less inclined to do this on a flush board. I'd rather check-call. If it was rainbow, I'd do it all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes and no.

It's similar to waiting for a safe turn card to raise thinking. But with a draw....

Old 11-12-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes and no.

It's similar to waiting for a safe turn card to raise thinking. But with a draw....

[/ QUOTE ]

A friend of mine just point out that the 2 suits not only make it awkward for me when a dimaond falls on the turn, but also makes it more likely that I'll get callers behind me. I'm liking the 3 bet less and less with the 2 flush cards out there. However, I do still like the initial flop bet. Maybe that will change in 2 more posts as well [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2005, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The flop 3-bet is to clean up some outs correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

The three bet is much more for value, than any outs were going to clean up with a check raise, after the players behind have already put money in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play much more 3/6 than 2/4 and realize 2/4 is much looser, but is a 3-bet really for value when we face the ep players with two more cold? Now if they are two big fish that's a different story.

The flop lead I like "in this case" because you list the CO as the more aggressive player so we are looking to trap players which worked. However I have done this often in the past and when it's the BB or EP player raising it really sucks to be isolated with a draw so it's always a risky proposition. Generally if the table is pasive I lead but with aggresive tags that will raise in big pots "to clean up outs" etc. I tend to check and hope.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

There are boards on which checking a FF or an OESD is a good idea. This isn't one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm interested in your view here.

I expected the flop bet to be because of CO, not so much the board.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

There are boards on which checking a FF or an OESD is a good idea. This isn't one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm interested in your view here.

I expected the flop bet to be because of CO, not so much the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both. We had a thread on this about 2 months ago. Certain flops are more likely to be bet by someone else or raised to your left.