Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker

Old 10-26-2005, 02:50 PM

Default Re: BYOB: A Necessity?

check with a lawyer in your area, or the police. Tell them you're planning a charity fundraiser (not poker) or something.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:33 PM

Default Re: BYOB: A Necessity?

I have friends over every two weeks for a single table game. I trust every one of these guys and we play for tiny stakes ($10 rebuy tourneys). I have two small children in my house so I would never, ever entertain the idea of having it get any larger. I have the nicest "stuff" around (good table, Kems, Paulson chips, etc) and as much as I would like the ability to schedule games on my terms, I just can't justify it. If I were in your shoes I'd be worried to death of some jackoff getting really drunk and starting a brawl, or someone fighting at the tables after being accused of shooting an angle or just pissing someone off, or a visit from the boys in blue. I sure as heck would not add the extra concern of being put in jail because I was a "nice guy" and let some teen drink beer at my house, then crash daddy's car on the way home. Even the 21 and older crowd - I'm not happy with someone I don't know drinking it up at my house.

I let the underground cardrooms deal with all that. I don't need it in my house.

Good luck. May you never need it.