Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 11:40 PM

Default Master Hold\'em and Omaha Poker

Master Hold'em and Omaha Poker by Mike Caro. Has anyone read this book? Saw it on Amazon but it had no reviews. Is it any good and what would be a good book on Omaha to pick up. I got TJ's Championship Omaha but took nothing away from it but....ummmm. I have Zee's book on split poker, so I'm Looking for Omaha hi only material.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:55 PM

Default Re: Master Hold\'em and Omaha Poker

Standard Omaha High books: Omaha Holdem Poker by Ciaffone (a little hard to find sometimes but worth the effort), NL and PL Poker by Ciaffone and Reuben has some great information about several games and a really nice section on PL Omaha High, finally, How Good is Your Pot Limit Omaha by Reuben is a nice study aid as well that takes you through several hand quizzes where you make a choice on every street (although in my opinion most hands are too monumental, I mean how often do you really need to worry about straight flush versus quads?). The order I put them in is probably the best order to progress through, although the NL and PL poker book is the best IMHO. There is also good PL Omaha information in Ciaffone's Improve Your Poker as well as good information on many aspects of poker play. I hate to come off sounding like a Ciaffone fanatic, but I think that is the best stuff on Omaha by a pretty wide margin (of course Ray Zee's book is the best for the Limit O/8). The section on PL Omaha in SS2 is OK if I remember correctly.