Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2005, 04:20 PM

Default UB is killing me

Warning: Some of you may see this as a whiny bad beat thread. It may well be, but I feel that I have a question that needs answering.

I can not catch a break on Ultimate Bet. My KK is either running up against AA or losing to J10. My trips lose to trips and my boats lose to boats. I haven't seen AA in a cash game in well over 1000 hands. March and April have been horrendous for me. Ok, enough complaining about that. Venting over.

UB is the only site that works on my school's firewall. No Pokerstars, no Party, no Pacific. Nothing else, except maybe Victorchandler's sites, but I don't consider those poker sites. Long story on that one. So if I want to play poker online for the next 4 weeks I have to play on UB which is just draining me mentally and financially.

On the few weekends that I go home I play on Party, and to not sound too humble, I own the 50NL 6max. I will be playing there all summer. Anyways, I have about $150 in bonuses still waiting for me at UB and would love to clear it, but don't want to bleed myself to death doing so.

So my question is this, for any of you kind enough to still be reading this mindless babble, should I continue to play on UB for the next few weeks to clear the bonus at the risk of going broke in the process, unless things turn around fast or should I leave the site, take a break and wait until summer?

Forgive me if I sound drunk.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:34 PM

Default Re: UB is killing me

I think that UB is generally agreed to be tougher than PP [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2005, 04:40 PM

are you drunk? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2005, 04:41 PM

UB bonuses aren't worth giving up PP games for
Old 04-19-2005, 04:44 PM

I know full well that the UB players are far better than those of Party. I have been playing on UB since November and was winning steadily up until early March. Then everything just seemed to stop. I would lose, lose, lose, lose, then either make 200 BB in a session or win 2 or 3 SnG's in a row to get back to even, then the losing starts again. My stats say that I am only down about $50 overall in the last month at the .25/.50 tables, but I am way better that (again, not trying to be cocky or anything). I suppose this is more of a psychological phase that I need to work out.

Oh, and good news. Since my last post I was dealt AA in the big blind and had a nice raising war with the table maniac preflop. They held up and I got to double up. It felt good. I need to vent more often.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:57 PM

Just keep playing. In the past 2 weeks ive been running incredibly good at UB and then all of a sudden today I couldnt win if I flopped a royal flush, somehow someway they would make it so I lose. Anyways, it seems that UB does this sometimes but dont fret, it'll turn around.
Old 04-19-2005, 05:08 PM

Downswings suck, but yours pales in comparison to many. It's more like a break-even-swing, which will happen more than once to even the best players. Re-evaluate your play. Post more here. Read more here. Push through them to the bright green pastures on the other side. Best wishes.

-Trail
Old 04-19-2005, 06:20 PM

I play UB..and even I wonder why.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Ive got to start cracking PP more.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:28 PM

The obvious answer is that UB is rigged. That's why I don't play there anymore.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:20 PM

Care to expand on that?