Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2005, 04:28 AM

Default 5.95 for the thrill

Here is the problem...I just cleared my bonus at pokerroom and withdrew all my $ from the site except 5.95. Why did I leave that amount? Well, you can't cashout change and I didn't want to leave the .95 there and let it sit. I'm really frugal. So I decided I would leave five dollars with it and see what I could do. The question is, what do I do with it. I could play one MTT, try to get lucky and make a big score. Play a SnG, or the choice I'm leaning towards, buying into there lowest NL ring game. Problem is the lowest they have is .25/.25. It's basically just for fun to see if I can turn 5.95 into an actual bankroll. Think I have any chances and what's your suggestion.

Regards,

Tao
Old 09-17-2005, 05:12 AM

Default Re: 5.95 for the thrill

[ QUOTE ]
Here is the problem...I just cleared my bonus at pokerroom and withdrew all my $ from the site except 5.95. Why did I leave that amount? Well, you can't cashout change and I didn't want to leave the .95 there and let it sit. I'm really frugal. So I decided I would leave five dollars with it and see what I could do. The question is, what do I do with it. I could play one MTT, try to get lucky and make a big score. Play a SnG, or the choice I'm leaning towards, buying into there lowest NL ring game. Problem is the lowest they have is .25/.25. It's basically just for fun to see if I can turn 5.95 into an actual bankroll. Think I have any chances and what's your suggestion.

Regards,

Tao

[/ QUOTE ]

At Pacific, I turned like $2.40 into just over $100 before geting really excited and blowing it all (my quest was to turn it onto $1K... I had a lot of critics). My suggestion would be to buy into an SnG, and let it ride.

Let me know how it goes.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:53 AM

I think your best chance would be playing the NL ring game. Even if your a much better SNG'er then the competition you still aren't going to place often enough to make this a good gamble. Ditto for the MTT.

If you get a streak of cards at the NL table you can get healthy fast.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:49 AM

i would enter into an SnG and see what happens.
Old 09-18-2005, 12:00 PM

I took $2 to $100 on PokerStars. I started with tight nano no-limit play. Once I got it to about $20 I played SNGs and nano limit games.

Then I got bored and made a deposit.

Regards,

T
Old 09-18-2005, 01:46 PM

I probably play the nano NL because I'd rather get on a heater in a cash game than a tourney. Unless it's a big MTT tourney. With those blind levels I wont have much to do as far as flop play so I'll just sit around and wait for aces or kings and push. Since it may take a few orbits before I pick up on of those hands my stack will dwindle slightly and anyone who has limped in may call because of my midget stack. If I can double up once Ill be in business and will try to play until I have at least the full buy-in amount (it's 25 at .25, right?). I'll probably parley it to a small 5.50 SnG and see if I can get lucky. I don't think LHE. The goal would be to build it up high enough to play the nanos until their next reload bonus when I make a deposit.