Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 11:37 PM

Default Game Theory Anyone?

Read this: Linky

Pretty basic stuff but I'm looking forward to reading the future columns. Also interested in The Mathematics of Poker book that's mentioned in the article.
Old 09-17-2005, 01:09 AM

Default Re: Game Theory Anyone?

Good read. Thanks for the link.
Old 09-17-2005, 03:51 AM

Oh, BTW. Welcome to the forums. The beginners forum is one of the nicest (nicest by far IMO) at the site and has some really good players with great insite. What site do you play? It seems like there's no one around tonight. Either here or playing online. If you're interested maybe we could play a little heads up at micro or play money limits.
Old 09-17-2005, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, BTW. Welcome to the forums. The beginners forum is one of the nicest (nicest by far IMO) at the site and has some really good players with great insite. What site do you play? It seems like there's no one around tonight. Either here or playing online. If you're interested maybe we could play a little heads up at micro or play money limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man... people ARE nice. You almost make me wanna stay up some and grind it out at the micros.
Old 09-17-2005, 01:26 PM

Sorry! I went to sleep

This site, and just about all the people here, have been awsome so far. I've played Pokerroom exclusivly and just lost my bankroll (which prompted my to seek help, and landed me here).

My story is that I put 50$ on pokerroom, and got it to 170 in three days. I thought I was really really really good. In just three days I lost it all! I lost it that fast because I was playing on tilt (expect for the last 30$. That was a bad beat!).

I decided to take a few days off, read a bunch of material and try to learn a lot more (albeit while not playing, which might sorta defeat the point of learning). Im trying to find a good beginers bonus, sign up there and keep on givin' er. Im thinking Poker Paradise because they offer smaller ring games (poker room has .15-.25 as their lowest).
Old 09-17-2005, 11:04 PM

That was a rambling, odd collection of words to call an "article". I agree with his premise, but jeez.... welcome to cardplayer, I suppose.