Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 11:28 PM

Default Re: ZeeJustin Hand Discussion

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For all player always saying fold the AK see that the very g00t player does play the hand and wins. This is how great player become great.

[/ QUOTE ]

That might have been less coherent than the drunk posts I made last night.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean, many people say that folding AK is the best play after a raise and an all in preflop. ZeeJustin is a very good player, but he pushes AK instead of folding. Therefore those people saying "fold" are obviously wrong. (my friend writes this for clearness)
Old 11-13-2005, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I mean, many people say that folding AK is the best play after a raise and an all in preflop. ZeeJustin is a very good player, but he pushes AK instead of folding. Therefore those people saying "fold" are obviously wrong. (my friend writes this for clearness)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think any good player on here thinks you should *always* fold AKs to a raise and a reraise all-in. As always, it's situation dependent. Just because ZeeJustin makes this play doesn't make it right either.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:01 AM

Matt raises on 99, probably a good play at the time being in the early position and trying to show strength.
Purr ReRaises on AQo, which to her/him was probably a good play according to the Ace high and strong Queen kicker.
ZeeJustin goes all-in from maybe what he has been reading on these players and also because he has AKs, which is a big hand in late position with only 2 other players.

Obviously just because ZeeJustin is a great player doesn't mean this was the right play, but you could say it was an educated play, which probably had more reasons than what you see. I don't think it was the wrong play either. That is the beauty of Poker!
Old 11-14-2005, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think any good player on here thinks you should *always* fold AKs to a raise and a reraise all-in. As always, it's situation dependent. Just because ZeeJustin makes this play doesn't make it right either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually yes it does
Old 11-14-2005, 12:04 AM

You are the gimmik account!
Old 11-14-2005, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually yes it does

[/ QUOTE ]

You're joking, right??
Old 11-14-2005, 01:04 AM

Interesting post. Almost every time I've been in this situation (facing a raise and a re-raise) I'm up against Ax and a pocket pair or two pocket pairs. You will rarely be against Ax and Ax. So basically, Justin is willing to risk all his chips to triple his stack with something like a 37% chance of winning.

However, Justin also has folding equity over the first raiser. I'm surprised he called with 99. It turned out to be the right call, but normally one would expect to be dominated here (facing two allins after a raise). So the folding equity over the first raiser probably makes this a +EV play. If the first raiser folds, then the 550 chip overlay pushes this play easily into +EV territory.

If the first guy never folds, then Justin is usually 37% to triple up. His probably feels like getting the big stack here is worth it even if he is a 37% to 44% dog in the hand.

Thanks for posting this.

edit I think he makes the same play with AKo
Old 11-14-2005, 01:05 AM

The only thing I can offer is my experience. An UTG raise means aggression more than it means a good hand. Of all the plays in this hand, UTG's call is the most intriguing to me. So, when it gets to Zee, his only real consideration is the one allin. And disregards the pfr in his analysis, other than the fact there's a decent chance there's dead chips in the pot.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:13 AM

just to clarify that yes i am joking and somehow thought my comment would be funny...im that big of a loser
Old 11-14-2005, 05:00 AM

Well if I'm playing good players neither of the action in front looks tooo scary to me. I probably call all-in with JJ+/AKo+ here.