Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 02:55 PM

Default Players to watch @ $55s, $109s, $215s

recently, i got an PM offer from a member on these boards that plays between $55-$215 to help me improve my game. shortly after that, i got another PM from another member who was asking me some questions concerning what having a coach would do for me and what level i would like it to take me. one of the interesting questions he asked was, "what would a coach do for you that this board can't?" that question got me to thinking about something Scott Fischman said:

[ QUOTE ]
watch good players play.

[/ QUOTE ]

my thing is, is there really that much of a benefit that you could out of watching other players? i ask because i plan on viewing alot of Party SNGs over the weekend and i'm looking for players to watch between $55-$215s.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:04 PM

Default Re: Players to watch @ $55s, $109s, $215s

unless you are stupid, you can learn something by being presented with a huge pile of information. so yes, watching can help.

watch hurst, watch usher, watch unarmed, watch dali maybe, watch some games without knowing any players, and see if you can pick up on who the good players are. watch some players from waterloo [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

if you can't learn by watching, what can you lear by?

citanul
Old 08-26-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
watch some players from waterloo

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
unless you are stupid, you can learn something by being presented with a huge pile of information. so yes, watching can help.

watch hurst, watch usher, watch unarmed, watch dali maybe, watch some games without knowing any players, and see if you can pick up on who the good players are. watch some players from waterloo [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

if you can't learn by watching, what can you lear by?

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

and their Party names?
Old 08-26-2005, 03:24 PM

im going to say this once, and everyone feel free to fleece me about it, but i dont think you will learn squat from watching the best players. some of the moves they make will be completely over yer head and you WILL misuse that. dont get me wrong, this is not a knock on yer ability or skills, you could be quite good, i have no idea. im just saying, to the average observer, a lot of these moves the better players will make just wont make sense, and it could potentially make them worse.

as for what a coach can do that this board cant? a lot of things actually. you will get good concise answers instead of a flame war between two people who are both completely wrong. you will get someone to look at yer hand histories and plug EVERY leak. you will get to look at some of the coach's hand histories, and get a link into THEIR mind and get to ask questions so you can understand what they are doing instead of just trying to imitate and messing it up. i duno, other stuff too but i gotta go draft my madden team.
holla
Old 08-26-2005, 03:25 PM

Default any comments on

evilganz1
Obi_Wan1
Duck_Hunt123
jessticles
D_Ironbody
Old 08-26-2005, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
watch dali maybe

[/ QUOTE ]...Is it April 1st?...Have you lost your mind?...Do you hate the "OP". ?...I'm gonna notify Chuck that Mod2 has gone nutz [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
watch dali maybe

[/ QUOTE ]...Is it April 1st?...Have you lost your mind?...Do you hate the "OP". ?...I'm gonna notify Chuck that Mod2 has gone nutz [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<--

you can tell very easily who i hate.

citanul, who knows dali is a fearsome sngs player. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously, and this is not a joke. dont watch them play. dont try to understand what they do. you will put yourself at serious risk of misusing it and becoming worse. holla
Old 08-26-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously, and this is not a joke. dont watch them play. dont try to understand what they do. you will put yourself at serious risk of misusing it and becoming worse. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

who, iamcastleman/SevnFigures and Gigabet? have'nt seen them in awhile.