Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2005, 01:35 PM

Default Re: question for Andy

I only have $100 or so in my Stars account. The only reason I have anything at all in there is that I sold a guy some stuff and he paid me by transferring money into my account. I don't play on-line for serious stakes for a number of reasons. I prefer playing live and play better live than on-line. I'm usually not looking for reasons to stare at computer screens. Usually when I play on-line, I'm doing email, eBay, 2+2, and maybe one or two other things. I can't bring myself to actually pay attention to the game. And I dial up. Did I mention I timed out when I had a royal flush in five cards? I may change my tune and buy a better machine and try taking it more seriously at some time in the future, but at this point I kinda doubt it.
Old 01-28-2005, 01:49 PM

If you were playing bigger stakes, you might be a little more focused. My sense is that you would profit nicely playing the bigger stud games at Party. Are you trying not to spread your bankroll too thin?
Old 01-28-2005, 01:56 PM

What bankroll?

My day job is essentially 100% tube time. I'm really not that interested in getting "serious" about on-line poker.
Old 01-28-2005, 02:12 PM

No bankroll? With your skills? You must have some very bad habits. Of course, we wouldn't respect you so much if you didn't. As an aside, if you ever wanted to get "serious", you could probably get bankrolled to play on-line. It might depend, though, on your habits.
Old 01-28-2005, 02:42 PM

One of the habits is sports memorabilia, and I'm cutting way back on that now, especially seeing as I'm not even that interested in baseball anymore. Another is concerts, and I'm not likely to give those up anytime soon. It is possible, however, to go to shows without drinking 4-6 beers and buying 3-4 CDs plus the T-shirt, so I've scaled back a tad in that department. I also drink a bit. It's not like I'm into drugs or hookers or strippers or anything. I'm just not terribly careful with money. There is no excuse for my being broke right now, though.

Don't worry, I'll be back in action in a week or two. I had a tough day on Wednesday, and right now, I really don't feel much like playing anyway.

I have turned down an offer from a friend to bankroll me on-line. It's possible that I'll take him up on it some day, but I kinda doubt it.

Getting more hours from my day job would help in a couple of ways. First, obviously I'd have more money. Second, I'd have less time on my hands, and would be less inclined to go out and blow $100 on nothing in particular on some random Tuesday night.

And don't shed any tears for me. I'm certainly not starving, and I wouldn't trade my current lifestyle for anything I had the first 35 years of my life.

Maybe if I wrote that book....
Old 01-28-2005, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Hand v Andy B.

I have ordered Zee's book from Amazon. It is just taking along time to arrive!