Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 06:37 AM

Default making a poker run on Vegas

This is what it all comes down to -

I've made about 4 trips to Vegas - first one was painful - number two was ok - 3 and 4 were decent enough too send me back.

I'm going down for 4 days this weekend for a couple group tourneys - I 'm leaving with about $700 - (what I went down with the first time I went) - if I win enough to finance another trip (+300 or so) then I'll save all the BR money and keep going this winter till it runs out. My best results are on 1/2 NL, so that's what I'm going for when I won't be playing tourneys.

If I lose a lot, then I take what's left - spend it on a present, and put a halt to all live playing in Vegas till I'm out of debt - but after plan out of debt comes plan buy a house.

I can play/build/maintain a bankroll without $300 expendetures that bite me in the ass right from the get go...so this is just sort of icing - puts more pressure on this trip. If it's not successful, I stay home and play online this winter.

But I don't think in this past year I've ever been a better poker player then I am now - I am ON this game and I am seeing it again - I'm seeing who can be picked off with a bluff, and who can be value bet. Concepts I read and gloss over for years are now crystal clear.

I'm three months sober - I'm sure that helped.

I think I'm gonna walk out of that town with more then I walked in - $300 for travel costs - $700 in my pocket...I want over 1K when I leave. NL tourneys (only the best, of course - like the Aladdin Nooner) and 1/2 NL at the MGM is what I'm gonna shoot for.

allrighty - see ya in 4. -

pax
RB
Old 12-09-2005, 12:16 PM

Default Re: making a poker run on Vegas

Are you sure you're sober? I have no idea what you just said.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:19 PM

Good luck, but making money in vegas is so hard because even if you do win at poker the money you blow at strip clubs, bars, and shitfaced blackjack usually negates your win.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:31 PM

I'll be there this weekend also, mostly parked at Bellagio 30-60 probably with some higher limits thrown in for the hell of it.

Jeff
Old 12-09-2005, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...I'm three months sober - I'm sure that helped...

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats on being 3 months sober! That's great to hear.

Try the MGM poker room. I hear it's loaded with lots of live fish just waiting to be gutted.

Good luck!!