Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 12:47 AM

Default How many tables will

How many tables will you play at a time before you start to feel your game is lacking? Also if you go on tilt at one table will you tilt at the others? Ive tried up to four MTTs at a time but it seems I might be losing information. ALso when I play at different sites at the same time, it seems more difficult than just playing at one site. Is this the same for anyone else?
Old 08-18-2005, 01:06 AM

Default Re: How many tables will

I'm curious to hear what better players have to say too.
I usually just play 1 table in an MTT. I sometimes play 1-2 along with 6 SNGs, but I find I lose some edge when I get deep into the money. OTOH, I find I play tighter and more controlled when I'm multitabling, and the tilt factor is much less. I sometimes get carried away with a big stack when multitabling and poof, 2/3 of my stack is gone. Maybe I just need practice, because I can 8-table the Party SNGs without losing too much edge.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:14 AM

In the first hour and 30 min of a tourny I like my play when im playing several tables but when it gets close to the bubble, and in the money I do feel I lose an edge whem playing several tables.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:19 AM

i'll crank up 4 mtt's, with the expectation to finishing ITM in at least 2. once i bust, i fire up another, so i am playing in different stages. i only loose focus when i am at a final table in a big 1000+, but that does not happen that frequently
Old 08-18-2005, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'll crank up 4 mtt's, with the expectation to finishing ITM in at least 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

if i take 10 half-court shots, i expect to make 9. bet we're both disappointed a lot.