Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2005, 09:55 PM

Default Re: A narrative.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I did not do this transfer, and assume that paradise initiated it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true?

[/ QUOTE ]
This would keep me from ever signing up with Paradise, if it were true.

[/ QUOTE ]

What poker site would not do this after researching the case and finding out the facts of the case? All of the reputable ones would, although not as lightning fast.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

either you didn't read the whole thread, or you are just another troll. paradise's action is fully justified.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:57 PM

From the posts I have seen from Kaz I think the "Grannymae freeroll" theory is very plausible, he plays high limits, if he wins he sends money, if he loses he makes up story. Done and done, granny, or anyone for that matter, I would ask the people you know by PM before asking in a public thread for some money transfer help. I also lost lots of respect for Strassa in the other thread, another eye opener on 2+2 today.
~Justin
Old 04-10-2005, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What poker site would not do this after researching the case and finding out the facts of the case? All of the reputable ones would, although not as lightning fast.

[/ QUOTE ]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't every single poker site have a sort of "caveat emptor" clause regarding player-to-player transfers?

I'm surprised you guys find it so acceptable that one of these sites, which handles so much of our money, would break its own policy to steal money from a player's account. Although he got the money in an unethical manner, the site has explicitly stated it will not intervene in such cases, and for it to do so for one particular player reeks of favoritism and gives me serious doubts about the professionalism and ethical guidelines of the site itself.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

either you didn't read the whole thread, or you are just another troll. paradise's action is fully justified.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh, it's not even CLOSE to justified.

How does paradise know that Granny didn't receive the money on stars? He could be pulling a scam just as easily.

I would never trust a site that decided they had the ability to transfer money to other players because I apparently "owed" the player that money, without proof being shown.

The threads on here show no concrete proof.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:19 PM

I find this incredibly hard to believe. Somebody jumps onto your account and plays with "your money" the very day that someone transfers you $600? That is such crap.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:20 PM

Kaz you are a pretty bad liar, and from what I can deduce a pretty crappy poker player. Good luck to you sir.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I did not do this transfer, and assume that paradise initiated it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this was a brand new account set up for the sole purposes of defrauding a player. i, grannymae, am the only person that ever funded the account. i requested that the transfer be reversed and when the guy did not respond to paradise, my request for the cancelled transfer was granted after MANY hours (10) of security review and investigation of the situation. i steered paradise to this thread and when they ALSO had Kaz admitting it was a fraudulent account, they refunded what was left of the transfer.

when he admitted the account was fraud, as per terms, paradise closed it. since i was the person who funded it with the transfer, i got the money. this was a locked account/refund situation, not a case of paradise doing anything subjective. the security and support people there do not know me from squat. it was handled the way it would be handled every time it happened.

had the guy ever funded the account, set up neteller or even responded to paradise questions, i would not have been able to cancel the transfer. therefore, you have nothing to fear with paradise. if anything, this should comfort you.

bogus accounts are not tolerated there and when a player does not respond to a security inquiry, they are screwed. however, as i said, all they did was cancel the transfer. if kaz (the imposter OR original) had said no, i would have had to eaten it. if it were ever a valid account with real money transactions associated with it, i would have had to eaten it.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:09 AM

Granny,

Well explained, and obviously the situation is different if the person on the other end agrees to it. Thanks for clearing that up.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:18 AM

I think for $430, you at least should have invested a bit more effort and come up with something more creative than that lame ass story.

Not all people can be strong and I am sure there is a reason why you act like this.

OTH, you could use this opportunity to do something for yourself: Step up, admit, and work your butt off to rectify this. I mean, you do not have to spill your guts here about the whys, whos and whats (like in a self-help group) or post a mugshot of yourself - just step up and do it!