Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2004, 03:51 AM

Default WON THE EMPIREPOKER TV STAR

I played in the EmpirePoker TV Star tournament tonight and won a package worth $17000.00 to play in the Five Diamond World poler tournament at the Bellagio in December. I will celebrate my 40th birtday during the tourney.

Might post some hands later but one of the key hand was when we were still 300+ out of 388 and and blind of 50/100 and I raised allin with a pair of 99 and won against 77, 55 and 22.

Even if the tournament at Bellagio is no-limit, this tournament was limit and I got to say that I owe some of the credit to having just read Ed Miller's book as I made some plays that I would not have done a few weeks ago.

Now does anyone have any idea on how to prepare for the December tourney. I do have a relatively small bankroll ($2000) but I have been playing a lot of the small MTT (freeroll, $1, $3, $5) on pp, empire, ps, fulltilt and ub. So I am used to the large fields and been cashing regularly in the last month, but I do not think that it is preparing me for the caliber of players that will be playing at the Bellagio. I usually playing LLHE up to 5/10 as I started to play last September and had been losing until May when I discovered this forum. Since then I builded up my bankroll every month. (I restarted my BR in May with $100, and builded it to the $2000).

Thank you again for all your post.

Frenchie (CatchupRiver on Empire)
Old 08-15-2004, 05:39 AM

Default Re: WON THE EMPIREPOKER TV STAR

Super duper ! congratulations. Read lots of good books 3 times over taking notes while reading. tj cloutier and tom mcevoys championship pot limit and no limit presents a super conservative survivival style that i think is wonderful for someone without a lot of experience live and is a good contrast to most of the others you will read (tfap by our DS and MM is definitely a good idea also, see books forum for toher suggestions). then try to get to some local tournaments, as many as you can. see who is winning (hopefully you) and observe them. the players that are paying attn the ones there to win not just to gamboooool. post some hands or situations here and hopefully get some more responses form players much better than my self it may be a once in a lifetime oppurtunity, but selling your seat/package is something to consider if you would rather just have the money to re-invest (you could win another seat!)I do not know if this is possible though. Regardless best of luck and many congratualtions vegas will be fun win or lose!
jason
Old 08-15-2004, 03:49 PM

Default Re: WON THE EMPIREPOKER TV STAR

I read most of those books already. No too many live tourney locally, might have to drive to SO CAL a few times in the coming months to get live pratice.