Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 12:13 AM

Default A6 in unraised 3 way pot

This is my first post in this forum, I started playing 6 max about a week ago. I find the play more agressive. There are so many terrible players, and the action is fast paced, so I like it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Reads, I am old school so no numbers:

BTN open limped in this hand and seems to be just another fish who is LOOOSE and PASSIVE.

SB seems LOOSE and has thrown in some bets and raises but I did not see enough of his hands to really get a good feel for his aggressiveness.

Party Poker 1.00/2.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3.00 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

I think the flop raise is automatic here as he could be betting a lot of hands that I beat. I don't like getting re-raised, but I don't think I can fold TP here getting about 10-1 where I likely have hidden outs if I'm outkicked.

Turn: (6.00 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Getting 7-1 I tought if I was outkicked I was now splitting, just need fishy behind me to have no T.

River: (9.00 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero .

OUCH!! About the worst card in the deck other than a J or K.

Getting 10-1, or more like 5-1 for a split, is it worth calling hoping that SB has no better than A9 and fishy called 2 cold on the flop with Kx or Jx?
Old 12-13-2005, 12:27 AM

Default Re: A6 in unraised 3 way pot

I think I'd ditch it on the turn since your effective odds are really something like 2:1 to 2.5:1 depending on whether the other guy overcalls.

I'd also probably ditch it on the river since we're hoping that SB led and 3 bet a weak ace on the broadway flop, and led a paired turn and a double paired river against 2 opponents, and that the button was calling 2 cold on the flop with a gutshot, and calling the turn with it on a paired board. I don't think all these factors are the case often enough.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:43 AM

Default Re: A6 in unraised 3 way pot

I agree with the river fold as I need quite the parlay of event in order to be good, and my effective odds are quite bad.

I think my flop call is thinner than expected since none of my hidden outs are really good on this turn. So I am really calling hopping to hit a 6 or an A. It would be different if I'd be in position since I could see how the other guy reacts to the turn card.

Thanks for the advice.