Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2005, 05:23 PM

Default Re: How are Bodogs SNGS

Personally I like bodog's color scheme..looks more elegant as opposed to the eye-rape that is PP.
Old 07-04-2005, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally I like bodog's color scheme..looks more elegant as opposed to the eye-rape that is PP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get a Party table mod noob. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2005, 06:15 PM

How can people play there and not know how many chips you start out with [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img].....Big difference in starting with T1000 vs T1500
Old 07-04-2005, 06:16 PM

I do agree on the software aspect. I also get a lot more disconnects there than at PP or PS
Old 07-05-2005, 01:33 PM

i'm a regular $10+1 and $20+2 over there. it is tough to get tables at non-peak times, especially over $20. you start w/ t1000 and blinds go up every ten hands. at the lower levels i notice even looser play than most. this could be attributed to a lot of folks saying that bodog's card generator is the worst, or most obviously purposely flawed, in the business.

there's money to be made there, just like everywhere else. 3 tables is extremely limiting though. i've been in contact to try and get that changed, which will most likely happen if they see increased play, which they'll probably have to in order to stay in business.

let's have a bodog regulars check-in here w/ s/n's. whaddya say? me, same name.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How are the SNGS at BOdog

[/ QUOTE ]

Just as crappy as everything else at BOdog.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:49 PM

I like bodogs software. I usually 3-table $20 SNGS and I have been very successfull at them. I do also believe many of the sports betting people come to play poker, and therefore there are some weak players which = good chance at making money.

The software is fast and pretty reliable.

SNGS you start with 1000 chips so I'm guessing the guys who gave negative reviews didnt really play there too much....

I really like bodog, but since it is a relativly new site ( December 04 I believe) there isnt a huge ammount of players. Thats realistically the only big problem.

I personally don't have eye problems so I am more likely to enjoy the site....

Me and my friends at college all play at bodog and I'd recommend it to anyone. They have been constantly improving the site too.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:55 PM

Just started there today and it's a bit disconcerting. I'm currently looking at 3 amounts that could be my balance.

The games seem pretty soft, and there are some huge overlays in the multis.

Oh yeah, they take forever. I started playing the turbos because I figured I was better at push/fold situations than the avg bodog player.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:28 PM

The $5 SNGs at Bodog were the tightest (don't read that to mean most skilled) that I have ever played in. Not a whole deal of fun.

Lori
Old 08-03-2005, 12:15 AM

bodogger here. been 3-tabling over there for a few mos, 11s and 22s, and have run at a pretty good clip over the course of about 500 tourneys. problem is lack of games at off-peak times and i've run into some collusion troubles. this i think is do to the fact that the tournies are going off at a slower rate, allowing friends to join the same room. if i sit in a room and there's already 3 sitting right next to each other, no one else, i just close the room at this point. other than that no problems.

excellent customer service and adding new features all the time. i've made some suggestions that apparently they're working on getting in the next release. sng histories on the way. same players as everywhere else, don't let anyone tell ya any different.