Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 06:53 PM

Default Re: Phish

[ QUOTE ]
the band he plays with now is "no Phish" hes going to want to make music with the guys again soon enough. maybe not full "tour" schedules but a few here and there .

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah. Even when they came back from hiatus, it was pretty clear that a full tour schedule of the kind they used to do was never happening again. They have families now and aren't willing to spend the sort of massive time on the road that they used to. But if they every come back, I hope their schedule isn't too minimal.

At first the idea of having less shows and doing more short runs and less full tours sounded like it could be cool because it would make the times that they play really special and if you catch a few shows, rather than there being lots of people there who had seen twenty shows in the past few weeks and were a little burned out and comparing this one to the rest, everyone would be super exicted because it would be the first and last chance to see them for months. But that isn't really how it played out. It felt like they really need the longish tours because what they do is hard and they need to stay in practice by playing a lot to really be sharp. The quality won't be what it was if they continually take months and months off and then come back for just a few shows.

[ QUOTE ]
Plus I dont think they liked how it went down in Coventry. All the rain , all the people stuck . all the people who couldnt get there.

[/ QUOTE ]
I do feel sorry for anyone who couldn't make it there, but overall I loved the way things went. We were amongst the masses who abandoned our cars and headed to the festival on foot from the highway and that whole experience was great. Everyone who had been trapped in their cars for hours or days and been increasingly worried about getting in was suddenly free and on their way there so everyone was super happy and we were all in it together and the scenery there was just so beautiful. It just felt like a fitting ending: Everyone walking together through through rural Vermont feeling super excited and happy and having left behind all the [censored] they don't really need in their car and not even worrying about what was going to happen when it was over or how we would get back.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:03 PM

Default Re: Phish

General Feeling around the headies I know is that we "might" see them summer of next year, for a shortie tour no festival. And another Festival some where in 2k7

Perhaps a miami style show for NYE, or a return to MSG for a short run.

But overall people are thinking theres going to be a short 5 show run somewhere next year , Probably North East, (VT through Virgina Beach) to see where they stand

In the mean time we got the Vibes, Moe Down and whatever else comes along.

I've only got to see them the past 7 years and still feel robbed.

I would kill for a GH set...I really though we were going to get one at Coventry [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]