Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2005, 04:59 PM

Default Raymer has had a better year than Phil...

Overall money wise, he has. And cashing in tourneys, I belive he is also ahead of Phil. He had that cash in the WPT Championship, and the Final table of the 1500 NL wsop. Phil won the Headsup championship, forr 500,000, but overall i think greg is having a better year. Sorry Phil
Old 07-14-2005, 05:04 PM

Default Re: Hellmuth dogging Raymer

Phil's tournament record like TJ Cloutier's is largely pre WPT when fields were less than 1/10 of the size of modern WPT or WSOP Hold'em events. In short they aren't worth squat compared to winning or making final tables in 3 or 4 WPT or WSOP NLHE events in the last 2 years. Phil's only made a few of those and hasn't exactly racked up impressive wins when he's made the final table either.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:22 PM

Default Re: Raymer has had a better year than Phil...

[ QUOTE ]
And cashing in tourneys, I belive he is also ahead of Phil.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so. At the moment, anyway, that one win at the heads up tourney puts Phil ahead.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:30 PM

He did win a WSOP NLHE event in 2003 against a larger field than what you see in many of the WPT events.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i really dont think hellmuth is taking a shot at raymer here. his comments are on target and appear to be genuinely honest.

[/ QUOTE ]

He did take a shot at Raymer. Hellmuth is very out of place not being in the poker limelight - Raymer is "stealing" his place on poker's centerstage. The only way Hellmuth is capable of dealing with this try to discredit Raymer's success in 2004 and his success so far in 2005. Hellmuth is not going to come right out and talk smack about Raymer (that would be media suicide) but he'll continue to take these little potshots at him that he knows only the poker world will hear.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
“She overplayed ace-queen,” said Phil Hellmuth, a pro who got knocked out in the first round. “She shouldn’t have been involved in the hand. That stuff happens. An amateur can get lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys keep putting the emphasis in the wrong spot. Tell us phil, how would you play AQ from the rail ? I thing I would value call my nuts from the rail. [censored], I'm the best poker player in the world watching the WTP on TV.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:41 PM

How many times do we have to go over this??

Raymer has said many times he was very lucky last year, and he's said he was very lucky this year already....He's only made a few final tables since he came on the tour, like hellmuth said...Hellmuth also said it was impressive, which it is....but he's bang on when he says that it is very lucky.....
Old 07-14-2005, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check out his quote at the end of the article...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8567118/

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course Raymer is getting lucky, as Phil said, if there wasn't luck involved, he'd win every time. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2005, 06:06 PM

Without even look at this years Main Event where Raymer will make another big score, here is Raymer's tournament record over the last year and here is Hellmuth's. Phil has no busniess making comments like that given the sucess that Raymer has had in the last year, winning the ME, making a few solid cashes in the with fields of 500+ AND making the final table of yet ANOTHEr 2 thousand person tourney in the world series, not even count this ME yet.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:06 PM

Makes you wonder what kinds of lives these people have.
They take offense to one poker player criticizing another.