Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2005, 02:35 AM

Default My first deposit on PokerStars

I'm pondering making my first PokerStars deposit, and saw this bonus offer they have running right now.

I'm hoping someone in here with experience and/or knowledge of the PS "FPP" system could tell me if this bonus is going to be a huge pain in my kiester to clear, or if it can be done with a minimal amount of pain.

Mucho appreciado.

[ QUOTE ]
How Do I Qualify for a Deposit Bonus?

Deposit up to $600 during the qualifying period and you'll receive a 20% bonus. Deposits over $600 will be eligible for the maximum $120 bonus.

Only your first deposit during the Bonus Period is eligible for the deposit bonus.

If you cash out any amount from your PokerStars account during the Bonus Period, but prior to making a qualifying deposit, you are ineligible for the deposit bonus.

How Do I Qualify for a Deposit Bonus?

Deposit up to $600 during the qualifying period and you'll receive a 20% bonus. Deposits over $600 will be eligible for the maximum $120 bonus.

Only your first deposit during the Bonus Period is eligible for the deposit bonus.

If you cash out any amount from your PokerStars account during the Bonus Period, but prior to making a qualifying deposit, you are ineligible for the deposit bonus.

How Do I Earn My Bonus?

To earn the deposit bonus, you must earn an additional number of FPPs equal to five times the bonus amount. For instance, a $500 deposit ($100 bonus attached) requires you to earn 500 FPPs (5 x 100) to release the bonus.

FPPs which count toward the bonus requirement begin with the first hand played after the deposit is made to your account.

After the required number of post-deposit FPPs have been accumulated, the bonus will move from "pending status" into your PokerStars cash balance. PokerStars will send you an email confirming that the bonus funds have been moved to your cash account. The transaction will also be noted in your 'transaction history' in the Cashier Window.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-10-2005, 02:37 AM

Default Re: My first deposit on PokerStars

The only problem I have with the pokerstars bonus, is the inability to withdraw before clearing bonuses. (without the bonus being taken away.) Oh and I heard it's hard to clear at micro limits.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only problem I have with the pokerstars bonus, is the inability to withdraw before clearing bonuses. (without the bonus being taken away.) Oh and I heard it's hard to clear at micro limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting.

So let's say I deposit $600 to get the full bonus. I'll still be able to withdrawl any/all of that money at anytime, just none of the bonus money that's attached to it, (until I've cleared it), correct?
Old 05-10-2005, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting.

So let's say I deposit $600 to get the full bonus. I'll still be able to withdrawl any/all of that money at anytime, just none of the bonus money that's attached to it, (until I've cleared it), correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's a lot of money to be locked up. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2005, 02:46 AM

I just want to be able to pull out whatever's left of my initial 600 bucks if I play for awhile and realize clearing the bonus will be the death of me.

Can I do that?
Old 05-10-2005, 02:54 AM

WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!

WRONG AGAIN!!!

You are allowed to cash-out before clearing the bonus.

You are not allowed to cash-out BEFORE depositing for the bonus. But once you deposit you are allowed to cash-out (after a 48-hour wait-period). You do NOT have to keep your money locked-up.
The bonuses are stackable so you are welcome to return and clear them whenever you please.

Please don't post information that you don't know about.

This has been covered regarding the Stars bonuses OVER AND OVER AND OVER.
You do NOT have to keep your money locked-up there.

Regarding whether it's worth it.

If you play 1/2 or lower it will take a long time to clear. If you play 2/4 or higher it probably isn't so bad.
Situation dependent.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:55 AM

There's no expiration date, but it will take a long time to clear at microlimits. Just play nl or tournaments.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:57 AM

Thanks guys.
Old 05-10-2005, 03:07 AM

also... it is very possible to clear it at the omaha hi/lo .50-1.00 table... a good majority of those pots make the requirement for rake. also, by the time you are done, you will have 600 fpp which can buy you a shirt, a hat, or one of their little stress stars. combined with the fact the bonus doesn't expire ever, you might as well do it. even if it takes years to cover... no skin off your back [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2005, 03:11 AM

exactly.

if you can afford to let your $600 sit there for a couple days then go ahead and deposit now...cash-out...and then clear it whenever you like.
Or just leave it sit there until you feel more comfortable playing 2/4 or higher.

Also - playing the SNG's and MTT's gives you FPP's towards clearing the bonus.

If you play their $5+0.50 SNG's then you are clearing $0.60 worth of the bonus for each one.
It's better than playing a $5+0 essentially.

Anyway - these bonuses only come up so often (maybe every 2 mths or so)....and they don't have an initial-deposit bonus.

So you might as well take them up on the bonus-offer while it's around even if you don't intend on playing there yet.