Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 12:52 AM

Default Where are the basic FAQs?

Can someone explain what an "affiliate" is and how it realtes to rakeback? Or what is rakeback? I don't see any faqs here explaining this stuff.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:21 AM

Default Re: Where are the basic FAQs?

Coles notes version:
Poker rooms make money by raping the players, er, raking every hand. Small amount, varies slightly per room, but the zillions of hands mean gazillions of $'s for the poker room.

Poker rooms want an endless supply of players, to continue to keep getting the gold. So much so that they will take some of the rake money off of the pile to pay affiliates to recruit players.

Some affiliates realized they could recruit more players paying a percentage to a player, as an incentive to sign up with them. This can be officially sanctioned, or under the table, in some cases (cough, Party, cough).

So, you sign up for rakeback with an affiliate. You play many hands of poker, paying rake for every hand you enter. Every month or two weeks, you receive a percentage of your rake back.

You = happy.
Affiliate = happy.
Poker room = VERY happy.
Bad poker player = happy (doesn't know any better)

Hope this helps.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:37 AM

OK, thanks.

So are these affiliates good about giving you your rakeback on a regular basis?

Also I guess no rakeback if you are already signed up with a poker site. Any luck with threatening to leave a site if rakeback not given? Or suppose you just close down your account and re-open one with an affiliate?
Old 12-19-2005, 01:44 AM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

the affiliates that are listed in the sticky of this forum are reputable. in the sticky are also a bunch of sites that specialize in keeping track of affilaites. so you can expect to be paid by all of these affils.

some sites, that tactic of threatening will work, albeit a small number. some affilaites also have longstanding relationships with the sites and can get you tracked due to this.

there is then always workarounds to getting accounts created with a desired site.

best bet is to contact affiliates about which site you want, and 9 times out of 10 they should have a solution for you; if they are any good.

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
morg.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

So are these affiliates good about giving you your rakeback on a regular basis?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, you'll want to do some research. Those that advertise in the classified section here are considered to be reputable. Olback here has a directory you can browse through, too, and might be someone you talk to.

[ QUOTE ]
Also I guess no rakeback if you are already signed up with a poker site. Any luck with threatening to leave a site if rakeback not given? Or suppose you just close down your account and re-open one with an affiliate?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there are ways to re-sign, but am not experienced with it. Good luck threatening them, they might need the laugh. Someone should be able to help you with this - look around.