Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 09:13 PM

Default Re: Tables different on Party vs Skins

[ QUOTE ]
I find it interesting that PokerNow appears to be on the "skins" network rather than the "Party" network. I thought they had some closer relationship with Party and were sort of equivalent to Party itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really know anything about Party's relationship with pokernow, but this could be a way for them to stay in the 'old' network with some of their players. That or they are not as closely tied to pokerNow as thought.

Regards
Brad S
Old 10-08-2005, 11:24 PM

the sidebet will also slow down the games considerably. just another benefit of this change [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2005, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the sidebet will also slow down the games considerably. just another benefit of this change [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. They have an interesting math problem in figuring out if it's more +EV to remove it to speed up the game.

Perhaps allow the sidebet only if observing a game, or when on a waiting list?
Old 10-09-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is really really really bad. I'm seriously freaking out. This will cost me so much money if this is how it's supposed to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont get what the big fuss is about? the only thing shitty for me is that i got rakeback on non party skins!

[/ QUOTE ]

The better you are at poker, the less this impacts you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey ElD, what if you're absolutely awesome at poker, but not rolled for the higher limits, meaning RB would have a big effect on your income? Then would it matter?

P.S. Blow me.

I know you're king of the hill around here, but seriously man, have some compassion towards your fellow pros who are being hurt by this?
Old 10-09-2005, 06:27 PM

Compassion.. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Since when do poker players have the right to demand compassion when their entire game plan is designed around crushing every player they meet and extracting the max. $$ from them?

Maybe you think this is "unfair". I call BS.

Rakeback was never built into the system devised by Party, it was a manufactured cash cow that seems to have been milked dry. Welcome to the real world: Party exist to take your money, which they do.

Other sites make "rakeback" payments direct to players and give increased rewards to "affiliates" who bring in regular players. These are the sites you need to be supporting to encourage marketing practices that reward your regular play (PokerChamps is one that comes to mind, I believe others may operate similar systems).

What did you expect from a company that dominates the market yet cannot muster any kind of customer service and still runs crappy software? Party have always been greedy/lazy tossers, now lets see if the so-called free-market forces you yanks so adore will force them to provide rewards or lose their customer base.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:40 PM

more people should really play on pokerchamps [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] they also have the best software online.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:11 PM

I hope next month's 2+2 internet mag will feature some level-headed and in-depth discussion of exactly what has changed, what the likely implications are, and what the most likely outcomes are for each of the "new" networks and they players who utilize them. At the risk of being repetitive, one thing seems painfully clear: Party is making a concerted effort to increase its yield per player via sidebets and BJ, and unless they bring in some new monster donators to the player pool, this change means less $$$ going into the winning players' poker economy.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:29 PM

Quite frankly I am afraid to have my money on any of these othersites now. I emailed multipoker askign what had happened and they acted as if nothing had happened or changed. Also with all these deposit bonuses,like the $1500 match bonus this month, it looks like the same behavior a site might have before it ceased cashouts and ranoff with the money. Didn't Dutch Boyde do something like that once?
Old 10-09-2005, 09:46 PM

A couple of emails from my rakeback provider (maybe there is hope):

"Sender: -
Subject: Party Poker Update
Message: [Message] We have secured a deal at party poker. Now we are working on what the rules are for exisisting players and seeing what % we can get. Please dont start playing there yet, as the rules MIGHT be you can switch over if you had an idle account that hasnt been played in awhile.

We are working as hard and fast as we can, but the wheels turn slow on the weekend.

Hang in there"

"Sender: -
Subject: Empire & Party Poker Update Part 3
Message: [Message] Ok, here's the latest.. Sorry for all the emails but i really want to keep you all updated.

Haven't finalized the final deal at party, but its coming. Its sunday morning so its hard. But its coming!

Empire wants to retain your buisness, so in an attempt to keep you playing at Empire Poker, everyone at rakeupdate.com will get a 3% rake increase.. So at least thats something. They gave me the raise this morning"
Old 10-10-2005, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At first I thought it was a joke, but now I can safely say that there is, in fact, at least one god.

[/ QUOTE ]

I log into my account and I have a $0.71 balance. Open up a table and place my first .25 side bet on black. Flop comes 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Cha-Ching!