Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 02:14 PM

Default Yet another awesome Canadian Neteller-->Party--->Bank Account thread!!

First off, sorry for creating a new thread. I read the previous threads but my question is rather different, if it's been touched on and I missed it please point me to the correct place.

I plan on cashing out a decent chunk of change (approximately 3k USD, maximum) to go towards a vacation of mine. Previously I've been using Party's electronic funds transfer option to avoid getting dinged on a Neteller --> Bank account transaction. It's worked fine and I've saved some money. But I've always been relatively active at Party during that time and had money in my Party account.

I've been playing at Stars for a while and that isn't going to change any time soon. It's been 3 weeks since my last hand at Party (and last had any money in there) and it'll be somewhere between a week and a month before I want to make this withdrawal. Basically - I'm wondering if anyone has any information on whether Party will get all uppity if I all of a sudden deposit up to 3k into my account and then immediately (of course I think there's an 8 hour period where you can't, but whatever) withdraw it to my Canadian bank account?

I'd rather not have the hassle of having all that money tied up because I set off some alarms when I'm going to need it to pay for flights and such.

So basically - I'm looking for previous experience. Has anyone done anything similar? Sorry if this has been covered somewhere, please link it to me if it has.

Thanks for any help!
Old 06-23-2005, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Yet another awesome Canadian Neteller-->Party--->Bank Account thre

They sent my cashouts back to my Party account the two times I tried something similar (a largish deposit followed by an immediate withdrawal to get a bonus credited).

Playing for a while is the only way I know to do this.
Old 06-23-2005, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Yet another awesome Canadian Neteller-->Party--->Bank Account thread!!

Deposit the 3k for a reload bonus and withdraw after you've cleared it.
Old 06-23-2005, 05:45 PM

Deposit a tad more than you are going to pull out (like say, 3200). Then withdraw twice for $1500 (cashouts for $2k and above seem to get extra scrutiny).

Once the 3K hits your bank account, pull the $200 back out.

At worst, you'll get a disappointed email. But probably not since you played there in the past month.

Also - if you fill out a preferred player application then you can even skip the $200 shenanigans.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:48 PM

Thanks for the responses guys. I'll give this a shot.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:03 PM

putting money in by one method and taking it right out by another method looks just like what they call money laundering. you at least need to act like a poker player in between. even then then may insist on cashing out back to the original source, at least for that original amount.

also, are fees different for neteller canada? in the US there is no fee for an eft to my bank account.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
putting money in by one method and taking it right out by another method looks just like what they call money laundering. you at least need to act like a poker player in between. even then then may insist on cashing out back to the original source, at least for that original amount.

also, are fees different for neteller canada? in the US there is no fee for an eft to my bank account.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no fee for an eft from Neteller to your bank account, however Neteller charges a 1.9% currency fee when you transfer back to your bank account from your US Neteller account to Cdn bank account. Neteller will not allow CDN citizens to link to a US bank account, nor can you get around this fee by using a CDN Neteller account because then you will get dinged the currency fee when you transfer from a poker site to Neteller.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:18 PM

So the worst they would do is just flat out decline the cashout? I'll withdraw by Neteller if I have to, but I'd rather be stingy and save the money on conversion. Eh, maybe I'll play a cheap tourny or two at Party before cashing out - can't hurt, and tournies are fun.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:22 PM

Default Re: Yet another awesome Canadian Neteller-->Party--->Bank Account thread!!

Can you clue me in on how this is better than an EFT out of neteller?
coming out to a USD denominated bank account? or is their exchange rate better?
Old 06-23-2005, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you clue me in on how this is better than an EFT out of neteller?
coming out to a USD denominated bank account? or is their exchange rate better?

[/ QUOTE ]

Read celiboy's reply.