Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2005, 11:58 AM

Default Incident at MGM this morning

I just got home from a session at the 1/2 NL game at the MGM. It was a decent session and slightly profitable but around 5:30am we all got a dose of high drama.

One of the other 1/2 games had broke, and two players came to sit down. Both were young, one was asian, the other mexican. They were talking between themselves for awhile and were very cocky and obnoxious. No big deal really.

Then out of the blue a female dealer walks up with the floor boss and points at the mexican and says that is him. They proceed to ask him "where his friend is with the blonde hair". His responses were strange, he claimed to have no friend, and was commenting on fukcing blonde hair this and that.

They state FLAT OUT right in front of the whole table that "his friend" apparently took a stack of chips from another players spot when he was gone. The dealer snaps, I know it was your buddy. You were joking with him etc. etc. This kid gets very pissed off, lots of swearing and I didn't do $hit and this and that.

They tell him that they are having security and survilance (sp?) check it out. The dealer also makes the claim that the guy was joking with this blonde guy about the chips. This was all very distracting and disruptive to the game. I think we got about 3 hands out in 15 minutes. Meanwhile, this dude is standing there looking red faced and pissed, as he was obviously the one who was stolen from.

So finally, the dealer on our game says, look we are trying to play here. And they step back for a few minutes. The guy then later makes a call to "a friend" and tells him what is going on. He flat out asked him, did you take some chips? Then he follows with, ok, thats all I needed to know.

Anyway, to sum it up, the guy continues to play, and continues to make phone calls, at the table, while playing, and all of this is very distracting.

So I am thinking that this guys buddy did take the chips. His answers were just all very goofy. And very confrontational. He seemed very nervous. Some one at the table pointed out that if his friend did take some chips it would be on about 100 cameras. He calls his friend back. Now he says he is coming back to the room. He does and he is also mexican, much darker complexted than the guy at the table, and his hair is JET BLACK! So I really don't know wtf to think about this deal.

They were both gone within 30 minutes but I think they just left. All in all, I think this whole deal was handled very poorly by MGM. If they thought this guy was involved in a chip stealing incident, they should have whispered in his ear that they needed to talk to him and backroom his ass.

I don't know what the hell was going on with the dealer and the boss standing there at the table pointing at him saying, it was his friend.

It could be he was just being friendly with someone at the table. Poorly handled situation IMO.