Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-25-2005, 02:44 PM

Default ($33) Two bubble bluffs

In the spirit of curtains' latest bluff thread, what do we think of these? In both, the big stack is a habitual limper, and very weak in general.

Hand 1:
I needed chips.
PartyPoker, Big Blind is t400 (4 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t2490)
Hero (t840)
SB (t3410)
Button (t1260)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, SB calls t200, Hero checks

Flop: (t800) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero t440 (All-in)</font>

Hand 2:

I thought he might be trapping on the flop, because i pushed the last time he limped into my BB. How does this look?

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t400 (4 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1890)
Hero (t1640)
SB (t3210)
Button (t1260)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, SB calls t200, Hero checks

Flop: (t800) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (t800) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: (t800) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero t1240 (All-in)</font>
Old 12-25-2005, 04:34 PM

Default Re: ($33) Two bubble bluffs

On the first hand, I think you maximize what little folding equity you have left by pulling a stopngo here, if villain is a weak limper like you say. I don't see the weak villain calling without a piece of the board or pp.

On the second hand, if your read on the villain being weak is correct, I think you're going to take down the pot the vast majority of the time. In my experience at the 33's, it's pretty rare for a player acting first hu on the bubble to check a made hand every street, and I think you have just enough chips to make this move effective, especially against a weak player.
Old 12-25-2005, 05:07 PM

you cant stop n go on the first hand because youre second to act after the flop.

that being said, with the blinds that high, after he checks to you, it seems like an obvious push. you've got 1BB after the hand.... if theres any chance hes folding, seems right to stick it in.

the second one i think i push this turn most of the time. having not done so, i dont like pushing the blank-ish river. i just check it through here. being the big stack, i think he looks you up with basically any pair or better here (although he probably folds plenty of high card hands you beat). meh.
Old 12-25-2005, 05:12 PM

mlagoo is right, there is no Stop N Go...it's a stop n wait n hopefully go. While just pushing preflop will not buy you much FE at all.

OP,
In the second hand I think a push preflop is good. He obviously loves seeing cheap flops and the chances of him 'trapping' are only as high as the chances that he has a great hand. Now, since you pushed the last time perhaps he will call you with junk but that's not trapping and you'll be live. You should have FE here (especially since he's shown that he likes to complete and doesn't like to call).

Yugoslav