Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-28-2005, 03:01 PM

Default Re: $22: Push or wait with an uber short stack

You have to push.

Even if you were to wait around for a better hand, you'd be calling an all in from the current CO, who is going to have to push in the next 2 hands, also.

Big stack is BB next hand and is definately calling with any 2 so no FE next hand. Current CO will probably push the hand after that, so you'll be calling his all-in and praying nobody else calls. The hand after that, you're either UTG and on autopush or you're paying the BB with half your stack because CO busted out the hand before when he had to push.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:02 PM

Hero may be dealt a better hand for showdown value, but hero is more than likely not to be given a more +EV opportunity.

Mathematical fact, deny it if you'd like
Old 12-28-2005, 03:03 PM

I'm pushing any 2 here. It sucks, but I think this is the best situation you're going to get - you're likely to be against one player with a random hand. If you wait that's probably not going to be the case.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:04 PM

Default Post deleted by Cola

Old 12-28-2005, 03:05 PM

With a range of 22+, A2+, KT+, QT+, JT+ (which is actually probably overly generous) for the SB, and any 2 for the BB, pushing is, as noted, EV neutral. Even if the SB is slightly tigther (22+, A2+, KT+, QJ+) it remains more or less neutral.

Even if BB folds 20% of his hands, it is only marginally +EV. In a 20, I'd push, because the 20 players I've encountered often do not correctly understand pot odds. I've seen BBs fold for a 1/2BB bet when they were getting 5:1.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pushing any 2 here. It sucks, but I think this is the best situation you're going to get - you're likely to be against one player with a random hand. If you wait that's probably not going to be the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pushing any 2 here is a mistake. J9 is not, by any means, "any 2". J9o ranks, on the K-S tables, as 77 out of 169 possible holdings. For example, J5o is a clear fold here unless you are quite certain you have a super-tight donk in the BB. (Even if he throws away the worst 1/3 of his potential hands, you are eensy-teensy -EV to push J5o)
Old 12-28-2005, 03:11 PM

Default Post deleted by Cola

Old 12-28-2005, 03:13 PM

It's odd how this is all you have seen. I have seen several people with similar insight on why pushing is correct and have written several reasons of which you are choosing to ignore.

Today is the first day I have seen any of your posts (and I would assume its one of your first few days as you have so few posts), and I have seen nothing but bad commentary from you.

Whether it is you saying how wonderful your lifestyle is because you make 5k a week by one working through Wedensday, or you telling other people they are wrong, without giving any logic (despite what you may claim is logic) makes it clear to me you are just here to be confrontational. You have no desire to add to this forum in any meaningful way.

I have a strong suspicion you are just some $3 SNG player on Stars that thinks it will be fun to say you play the biggest games and are a huge winner, and clearly know the correct answer to every situation. All I know for sure is that I can correctly dismiss any of your posts as being helpful or insightful in any way. Have fun...
Old 12-28-2005, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If push, push any 2 from position or is there a limit to your push hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

Push any pair, any A, any K, Q6o+, J8o+, T8o+, 98s+.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"ah hell, I'll push."

[/ QUOTE ]