Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-2005, 06:54 AM

Default Flip-flops: are we done with them yet?

I don't write too many rant posts, but I've had it with these goddam flip-flops everyone is wearing. Since when did a whole nation of white guys decide they were going to the beach? It's the end of friggin' December and people are still walking around in these creepy toenail-exposing foot-thongs.

For the guys: nobody wants to see your nasty feet; there's hair on the toe knuckles and usually some sort of gunk under the nails. Furthermore, wearing them with a dress shirt and jeans makes it look like you lost your shoes on the short bus. Invest in some socks and closed shoes for the love of Christ.

For the girls: there are plenty of open-toed sandals and shoes you look cute in. Rubber pads under your feet with a piece of plastic rammed between your big and second toe do not make you more attractive. Even if you have a sundress or tank and mini on with it. I'll let you get away with them sometimes, and I guess here in Los Angeles a chick can wear flip-flops if really dressed down -- but don't go to the f*cking White House in them like that volleyball team did.

If you just got out of the shower, take a minute to tie some laces before you walk out of the house. If you're in my office, you should be in a pair of socks. I've seen dudes in sweaters and slacks show up with black flip-flops and actually expect to get respect around their workplace. No respect for you and your hangnail, beach bum. Why don't you just wear cotton bath slippers while you're at it? How about a Speedo and a towel around your neck too?

Goddammit. Stop with the flip-flops unless there's sand or carpet beneath them. You look like a jackass and I certainly don't need to hear the sound of them scraping the ground everywhere you walk. Even moccasins would be better.

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]