Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-16-2005, 02:39 PM

Default Limping with crap on low buy-in tourneys.

I was wondering if limping with hands like 92s, K50, J3s is profitable on late position on the early levels of a low buy-in tournaments. I think it can be profitable provided its not total crap like 72o.
Does any of u have any opinions on the subject?
Old 12-16-2005, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Limping with crap on low buy-in tourneys.

I've played a decent amount of small buy-in tournys, and I would say no, because the majority of the players at these levels have trouble laying down one pair, and you're going to have to hit the flop in a very big way for those hands you mentioned to be any good......I would say just stick to suited connectors, including hands like 9-7 suited, 8-6 suited, 9-6 suited, etc. etc.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:16 PM

Get Pokertracker and track your hands. Do it in some micro/low limit ring games if you have to. It is the best way to convince yourself that trash hands like that are not profitable. Even if you are in the SB and getting some odds.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:15 PM

It depends on your style and how the table is playing. If you can get payed off big hitting 2-pair or something it may be worthwhile. Position is some advantage, but you are not going to steal many pots in this kind of game.

You are really playing for a big hand to stack someone overplaying top pair or something, so I might play suited or connected cards like K3s or 86o. I think you would need a good reason to play junk like K7o.